Foros de discusión

100 PaperCuts - Sprint 3

thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 13 años.

100 PaperCuts - Sprint 3

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Gang,

For Sprint 3, we have 4 bugs so far - Rafal, Juan, Baptiste, and Marteen have all chosen issues to work in the next week.

For the rest (Szymon, Milan, Deb, Boubker, Corne, Tomas, Hitesh, Jaromir, Jelmer), are you guys able to work on a papercut for this sprint? If so, check out the small candidate list, or the larger candidate list, and pick one. If you'd like me to choose one for you, let me know!

Thanks,
James
thumbnail
Deb Troxel, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: 100 PaperCuts - Sprint 3

Junior Member Mensajes: 81 Fecha de incorporación: 22/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi James,

I'm in for this sprint. I'm happy to dig into any part of the code, so if you're willing to pick something for me please just toss me an assignment. Thanks!

Deb
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Deb Troxel:
Hi James,

I'm in for this sprint. I'm happy to dig into any part of the code, so if you're willing to pick something for me please just toss me an assignment. Thanks!

Deb

ok, here you go: LPS-8968. Should be easy to reproduce with the GlassFish 6.0.6 bundle. Same options work fine on Tomcat. Make sure to add the "this issue..." comment to the bug if you can take this one.
thumbnail
Boubker TAGNAOUTI, modificado hace 13 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 140 Fecha de incorporación: 29/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

For sprint 3 i would like to work on this : LPS-15677!
thumbnail

Boubker TAGNAOUTI:
Hi,

For sprint 3 i would like to work on this : LPS-15677!

You got it! Nice pick BTW.
thumbnail
Boubker TAGNAOUTI, modificado hace 13 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 140 Fecha de incorporación: 29/09/08 Mensajes recientes
LPS-15677 is in contributed solution state emoticon.
thumbnail

Perfect, thanks! But there is a comment on that issue from Juan G that it is (was) being addressed in Sprint 2. I just want to make sure there isn't duplication of effort. Is that issue definitely available for Sprint 3? If so, I'll grab it.

Thanks again!
thumbnail

Deb Troxel:
Perfect, thanks! But there is a comment on that issue from Juan G that it is (was) being addressed in Sprint 2. I just want to make sure there isn't duplication of effort. Is that issue definitely available for Sprint 3? If so, I'll grab it.

Thanks again!

Yeah, I saw that.. Juan attempted to fix this for Sprint 2 but never was able to find the issue. He chose a different one for sprint 2, so I think it'd be best if a fresh set of eyes (yours) is applied.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Ups! Sorry James perhaps I didn't explained myself properly.

Regarding http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-8968

I reproduced it in Glassfish 3.0.1, but I didn't have time to get it fixed (even I didn't get any clue to know why it fails exactly :-S, perhaps I could get it if I had time).

So perhaps Deb can get it solved....
thumbnail

Juan and James,

Sounds good. I'll take a look at LPS-8968 and see if I can take it any further.

Deb
thumbnail

I have contributed a proposed solution for LPS-8968.
thumbnail
jelmer kuperus, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1191 Fecha de incorporación: 10/03/10 Mensajes recientes
I am available and waiting for you to make good on : http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/7645347?_19_delta=20&_19_keywords=&_19_advancedSearch=false&_19_andOperator=true&_19_cur=3#_19_message_7890849

emoticon
thumbnail

jelmer kuperus:
I am available and waiting for you to make good on : http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/7645347?_19_delta=20&_19_keywords=&_19_advancedSearch=false&_19_andOperator=true&_19_cur=3#_19_message_7890849

emoticon

hey Jelmer, sorry for the delay. I've been a bit absent the last week. I'll file this one asap.
thumbnail

James Falkner:
jelmer kuperus:

emoticon

hey Jelmer, sorry for the delay. I've been a bit absent the last week. I'll file this one asap.

Here ya go - LPS-16215. If you want this for sprint 4, make sure to add the "this bug is being addressed..." comment.
thumbnail
jelmer kuperus, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1191 Fecha de incorporación: 10/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Looks challenging emoticon Ok i'll give it a shot. But if i understand correctly this is a bug in jspwiki, which is a an apache project that you embed ? So then i should probably file a bug there. (and check if they have not already adressed this issue)

Do you also want me to add a workaround to liferay ? If that turns out to be possible
thumbnail

jelmer kuperus:
Looks challenging emoticon Ok i'll give it a shot. But if i understand correctly this is a bug in jspwiki, which is a an apache project that you embed ? So then i should probably file a bug there. (and check if they have not already adressed this issue)

Do you also want me to add a workaround to liferay ? If that turns out to be possible

Yeah its likely a JSPWiki issue but it may also be a Liferay config option in jspwiki.properties that would "fix" or workaround the issue. If it turns out to be a real JSPWiki bug, we can file a "shadow" bug in Liferay to track it. We can also implement the fix locally while waiting on the upstream fix.
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1313 Fecha de incorporación: 3/10/06 Mensajes recientes
As as start i have fixed LPS-15225 i want to do more localization issues in sprint 3 but have suddenly trouble with building Liferay and deploy-fast.

[UPDATE] it is solved
thumbnail
Tomas Polesovsky, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 676 Fecha de incorporación: 13/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi James,

I've finished my issue LPS-14789.

-- tom
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi James,

My issue (http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-15494) should be solved.

I'll try to search for another issue (easiest if possible :-D) and get it solved by Wednesday 30 (if you want, tell me some issue to look at).
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1519 Fecha de incorporación: 7/08/06 Mensajes recientes
I took care of LPS-15298 and LPS-15330 since they were my oversight. If there is any more freemarker template bugs just ping me.
thumbnail

Hey Gang -- nice work. 8 of 9 papercuts resolved this sprint! Great job all around. After the next sprint I am going to go back and start tracking which papercuts are actually getting integrated into the codebase and start doling out prizes to the best papercutters! Top 2 get nice prizes every 4 sprints. So keep up the great work. We'll move onto Sprint 4 starting next Wednesday.

Been a bit absent the last week - vacation the last half of last week and I was attending the Gartner Portals conference since Monday of this week. But I'm back as of now so full speed ahead. I'll start a sprint 4 thread to track any selections you guys might make yourselves, or any that may be assigned ;-)