Foros de discusión

New Forum Layout - VERY slow

thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

New Forum Layout - VERY slow

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Am I the only one who's experiencing very slowness in time reply to a message.

After hitting the "Reply with Quotes" button, it's taking a very long time until the editor shows up.

I'm also experiencing slowless when editing a wiki page.

LIferay 6 is suppose to be faster than Liferay 5, but I'm only feeling sluggishness.
thumbnail
Brian Chan, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: New Forum Layout - VERY slow

Liferay Master Mensajes: 753 Fecha de incorporación: 5/08/04 Mensajes recientes
We're noticing them too and fixing them right away. A lot of these were actually customization issues. Our website / design team didn't want to use the "standard" forum layout so wanted to reskin it. But fixing them asap. Thx Hitoshi.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Brian Chan:
A lot of these were actually customization issues. Our website / design team didn't want to use the "standard" forum layout so wanted to reskin it. But fixing them asap. Thx Hitoshi.

Thought so. I haven't experienced this nor Chrome issues with the available downloadable versions.
thumbnail
Jonathan Neal, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 66 Fecha de incorporación: 29/08/07 Mensajes recientes
Hitoshi Ozawa:
Brian Chan:
A lot of these were actually customization issues. Our website / design team didn't want to use the "standard" forum layout so wanted to reskin it. But fixing them asap. Thx Hitoshi.

Thought so. I haven't experienced this nor Chrome issues with the available downloadable versions.

You thought wrong. The theme doesn't effect the editor what-so-ever. =D
thumbnail

Jonathan Neal:
You thought wrong. The theme doesn't effect the editor what-so-ever. =D

So, why is it this slow? I'm not experiencing this in the 6.0.6 CE version. May be because there are more threads here?
It seems like it fetching the quoted content by a ajax call after the page and the editor is displayed.

All I know is that it wasn't like this last week before the update. But then, to think about it, I was using the regular "reply" and just copying and pasting the strings and quoting them. I had preview and file attachment is the regular "reply" so I was always using that. Is it possible to get these features back in the "reply" so I don't have to use "reply with quotes"?
thumbnail
Jonathan Neal, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 66 Fecha de incorporación: 29/08/07 Mensajes recientes
Hitoshi Ozawa:
So, why is it this slow?

I don't know for sure. Our developers guys could tell you more.

The website was running great in beta until about a week before launch. Then I started noticing longer load times, and our webfonts taking longer to load and show up. I can tell you that our design department's choice of colors for CSS and our development team's HTML wouldn't effect performance. All of our HTML and CSS changes could have absolutely no impact on the performance of a portlet. They could if we added a megabyte of extra code to our HTML or CSS, but in reality we are talking about adding a couple <div> elements and changing the colors of fonts and borders. Hardly rocket science.
thumbnail

It just wasn't with the "Reply with Quote". It's also slow when I try to edit the content.