Foros de discusión

Create Site Template from an existing Site

Hendrik Langhammer, modificado hace 12 años.

Create Site Template from an existing Site

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 27/04/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi there,
is it possible to create a Site Template from an existing Site? I am thinking of creating a deep copy of one of my sites (a Community Site) within the same Liferay instance and replacing content by instructions or samples afterwards.
Regards,
Hendrik
thumbnail
Jeffrey Handa, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Create Site Template from an existing Site

Liferay Master Mensajes: 541 Fecha de incorporación: 1/12/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi Hendrik,

You can export a lar file for your existing site and then when you create the site template, import the lar file.
George Oakley, modificado hace 8 años.

New Member Mensajes: 7 Fecha de incorporación: 5/10/12 Mensajes recientes
Jeffrey Paul Handa:
Hi Hendrik,

You can export a lar file for your existing site and then when you create the site template, import the lar file.

It's wrong solution. During import a lar file we will see alert:
"Please import a LAR file of the correct type (A site can only be imported to a site is not valid)."

Tested on 6.2 GA3
Linus Sphinx, modificado hace 8 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 99 Fecha de incorporación: 12/08/10 Mensajes recientes
I build a *Iot* of portals, used mysqldump to save off my plain vanilla starter site database schema in SQL, disable the wizard, inject it into the new sites and use an XML file of the data unique to each site with an XSLT stylesheet to generate a portal-ext.properties, root.xml, server.conf, httpd.conf, ajp_proxy.conf etc. as shown at http://configsys.fullsack.com/. I have this operation boiled down to a perl CGI script on the local machine running apache service as root when the virtual images for a portal are cloned. Browse to and get a form on each host of a pair, tell the DBMS hostname of portal, tell the portal hostname of DBMS and select whether it's prod, test or dev, hit submit, wait 10 minutes, done, local web service reconfigured as ajp proxy and running as apache user, sample portal ready for admin to log in and start customising. Might work for you as well.