Foros de discusión

Stateless operation mode

Kynao Yooky, modificado hace 13 años.

Stateless operation mode

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 25/04/11 Mensajes recientes
The proposal outlines a new operation mode for Liferay where HttpSession or server-side state is not needed for applications at all
The proposal has been submited by Joonas for the Vaadin framework but the idea is still great to think about regarding Liferay.
I invited you to read this ticket for extended explanations http://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/6349 and vote for it here as a liferay suggestion.
thumbnail
Shagul Khajamohideen, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Stateless operation mode

Liferay Master Mensajes: 758 Fecha de incorporación: 27/09/07 Mensajes recientes
Kynao Yooky:
The proposal outlines a new operation mode for Liferay where HttpSession or server-side state is not needed for applications at all
The proposal has been submited by Joonas for the Vaadin framework but the idea is still great to think about regarding Liferay.
I invited you to read this ticket for extended explanations http://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/6349 and vote for it here as a liferay suggestion.

Hi Kynao,

This is something that Liferay already supports. Please see the configuration in portal.properties shown below. Can be overridden in portal-ext.properties.

#
    # Set this to true to disable sessions. Doing this will use cookies to
    # remember the user across requests. This is useful if you want to scale
    # very large sites where the user may be sent to a different server for each
    # request. The drawback to this approach is that you must not rely on the
    # API for sessions provided by the servlet and portlet specs.
    #
    # This feature is only available for Tomcat and requires that you set
    # Tomcat's Manager class to
    # "com.liferay.support.tomcat.session.SessionLessManagerBase".
    #
    session.disabled=false
Kynao Yooky, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Stateless operation mode

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 25/04/11 Mensajes recientes
Interesting, i don't know yet if that cover all what Joonas exposed in terms of stateless and security but thanks Shagul for this information.
If we had something similar for Glassfish, that would be fine