Foros de discusión

100 PaperCuts - Sprint 5

thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 12 años.

100 PaperCuts - Sprint 5

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hey Gang, last week should have been the start of Sprint 5 - but I was so busy with finishing the website upgrade I missed it! Sorry for that. Let's start sprint 5 next Wednesday.

As always, check out the small candidate list, or the larger candidate list, and pick one. If you'd like me to choose one for you, let me know!

Also, in the next couple of weeks, we are going to spin up another Community program around bugs - this time related to our upcoming 6.1 release and beyond. A community "BugSquad" will be recruited for additional testing and bugfixing for 6.1. With your newfound knowledge of Liferay internals you'd all be great candidates, and as always there will be prizes emoticon BTW, if you missed it in the last "Community Pulse" newsletter, the top 3 papercutters from the last 4 sprints (Corne, Tomas, Juan) get fantastic Liferay swag! I'll be contacting you offline to get shipping info. Keep up the great work team! And I'm looking forward to seeing many of you next week in Washington, D.C. or in a future Liferay event!
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: 100 PaperCuts - Sprint 5

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi James,

I'll try to solve the issue I was trying before ran out of time: http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-15409

BTW, I had to subscribe to this thread and thought all papercutters were subscribed to this threads somehow automatically (perhaps there was a problem on upgrading Liferay site to newer version).
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1313 Fecha de incorporación: 3/10/06 Mensajes recientes
Hi James,

Thanks for my acknowledgment.
I am truly honoured but I feel I did really simple issues and some of the other team members did less but more important ones.

In a lousy attempt to do better i will start by resolving this issue;
Started on LPS-16863

emoticon UPDATED:
The problem is how to retrieve this port number in a generic (Tomcat/JBoss/etc) way
thumbnail

PortalURL secure flag and resulting port in URL

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1313 Fecha de incorporación: 3/10/06 Mensajes recientes
Wouldn't it be better to have this large candidate list sorted on votes?
thumbnail

Corné Aussems:
Wouldn't it be better to have this large candidate list sorted on votes?

Yep, it should be! I've fixed it.
thumbnail
Boubker TAGNAOUTI, modificado hace 12 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 140 Fecha de incorporación: 29/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi guys, i'm back and ready to participate to this sprint emoticon

I took a look to the small candidate list and there is one cool feature that i want to contribute with : LPS-15491
It seems that Batiste flag this ticket as being addressed in sprint 3, but its status is still open.

James, can i work on this feature for sprint 5?
thumbnail

Boubker TAGNAOUTI:
Hi guys, i'm back and ready to participate to this sprint emoticon

I took a look to the small candidate list and there is one cool feature that i want to contribute with : LPS-15491
It seems that Batiste flag this ticket as being addressed in sprint 3, but its status is still open.

James, can i work on this feature for sprint 5?

Yes, go for it.. I've asked Baptiste a couple times now what the status is, and haven't heard back, and it sounds like a nice usability improvement that shouldn't be too difficult. So take it away!
thumbnail

Regular Member Mensajes: 140 Fecha de incorporación: 29/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Sorry guys i have a lot of extra works this week and i can't work on LPS-1549.
Anyway, i told Sebastien (a team member from Beorn) to work on it tomorrow.
He is realy happy to participate to the 100 PC program.

Regards,

Boubker
thumbnail

Boubker TAGNAOUTI:
Sorry guys i have a lot of extra works this week and i can't work on LPS-1549.
Anyway, i told Sebastien (a team member from Beorn) to work on it tomorrow.
He is realy happy to participate to the 100 PC program.

Regards,

Boubker

Great to hear you have a surrogate! :-)
thumbnail

It seems that Sebastien did the work for the LPS-1549 emoticon

I hope that i'll have more spare time for the next sprints.
thumbnail

Ok I have updated the wiki page to reflect the issues so far. I'll also send an email directly since it sounds like some of you lost your subscription to this category due to website upgrade.
thumbnail
Tomas Polesovsky, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 676 Fecha de incorporación: 13/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi James et al.

James, you are right - I havent' got email for your initial comment here, but all other comments successfully arrived.

I worked on LPS-9442 thus have no time for 100PC and haven't responded. I try to spare a bit time for now and have a look at LPS-14035, seems like quick fix / duplicate.

-- tom
thumbnail
Deb Troxel, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 81 Fecha de incorporación: 22/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi James,

It was great meeting you at ECS last week and having the opportunity to hear from so many on the Liferay team. It's a really solid event - I highly recommend it to anyone interested in Liferay.

I was on vacation the week prior to ECS, so I've got some catching up to do here. For Sprint 5 I will plan to follow up on the two bugs I started to look at for Sprint 4. I think one is already fixed in trunk and the other is more than a papercut, so I will just be updating the Jira comments accordingly.

Deb
thumbnail
Rafał Piotrowski, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 6 Fecha de incorporación: 1/02/10 Mensajes recientes
My proposition is issue reported by my:

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-17329?focusedCommentId=134753

Can I take it for this sprint?
thumbnail

Rafał Piotrowski:
My proposition is issue reported by my:

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-17329?focusedCommentId=134753

Can I take it for this sprint?

Yep, this sounds like an excellent candidate. Go for it! I'll add it to the wiki.
thumbnail
Tomas Polesovsky, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 676 Fecha de incorporación: 13/02/09 Mensajes recientes
James,
I realized that LPS-14035 is already fixed in trunk.

Can somebody from Liferay team close it so as it disappears from the larger candidate list.

Thanks.

-- tom
thumbnail

Closed as a duplicate of LPS-13073.
thumbnail

Hi All,

THanks to Rafal, Juan, Corne, and Boubker we were able to fix "most" (3 of 4) of the Sprint 5 bugs. I am concerned that participation has dropped off a bit. I know we're all busy and have day jobs, but if you have time for the next sprint (which I set up for June 11-25), please consider taking on a task. Most of these turn out to take no more than a day or two, and we've also been very fortunate to be able to pull in Liferay engineering for many of the fixes, which is awesome, and even lets me get the community word out to our developers who might otherwise keep their heads on their "day-to-day" tasks and not checking out the excellent work you're all done!

I'll start a new thread for Sprint 6 and try and corral everybody back into the papercuts goodness emoticon
thumbnail

I totally forgot that i did not commit my patch emoticon

Sorry too busy and therefore chaotic, so I did it right now.
thumbnail
Deb Troxel, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 81 Fecha de incorporación: 22/02/10 Mensajes recientes
I updated the comments on http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-8444 (can't reproduce on trunk) and http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-8445 (more than a paper cut to resolve).

Indeed, the whole day job thing does get in the way of Liferaying, but I'll make an effort to select and actually knock off an issue for Sprint 6.