Foros de discusión

Lost Admin Password

thumbnail
Rian Castillo, modificado hace 17 años.

Lost Admin Password

New Member Mensajes: 6 Fecha de incorporación: 17/10/06 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,

I've changed the default log-in details from test@liferay.com/test to a different e-mail add/password. It worked fine, but now I can't connect to it, maybe someone changed it. The problem is, the e-mail account i used is non-existent I can't reset the password. How can I gain access to the portal then? Could anyone help?

Thanks in advance
thumbnail
Rajiv Terwadkar, modificado hace 17 años.

RE: Lost Admin Password

Regular Member Mensajes: 219 Fecha de incorporación: 28/09/05 Mensajes recientes
Hi Rian
Log in to the database and change the password to some thing like test by running update statement. You can use 'qUqP5cyxm6YcTAhz05Hph5gvu9M=' for updating the password this corrosponds to test
I hope this helps
Regards
Rajiv
thumbnail

Thanks Rajiv,

I was able to solve my problem by overwriting the existing Liferay with a back-up i had, i'm not sure if it was just corrupted. anyways, thanks for the response, this'll be helpful in the future. thanks
thumbnail

i've another question, im using the default installation of liferay 412. how do i connect to it's database?
Jan Matz, modificado hace 17 años.

New Member Mensajes: 13 Fecha de incorporación: 6/11/06 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I never tried to connect to the default DB of Liferay. Instead I used a mySql DB. Anyhow maybe this helps.

Look for the ROOT.xml file in %TOMCAT%\conf\Catalina\localhost there you can find all DB parameter necessary to connect to the DB. Like:

name="jdbc/LiferayPool"
auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver"
url="jdbc:hsqldb:test"
username="sa"
password=""
maxActive="20"

I just tried it. And it works. The driver you´ll need is in: %TOMCAT%\common\lib\ext
xwave dev1, modificado hace 17 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 29 Fecha de incorporación: 31/03/05 Mensajes recientes
If you're talking about a default install of Enterprise 4.1.2 on JBoss Tomcat...

The Liferay DB contents are stored in a file called: <LIFERAY_BASE>\bin\test.script

All of Liferay's DB info is stored in that file and can be edited, the file can be copied to other instances to "export" a portal's configuration (users, pages etc.) I wouldn't recommend editing the file while Liferay is running though.

Hope this helps.
Santhosh P Ponnusamy, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 5/06/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi All

For the admin Password, you can directly edit in the DB. But it is not the way to recover password for a user. Can any one explain me how to recover password for a user in Email.

Forgot password link is there. But no mail is sent to the user if the link is clicked, instead the password is displayed in the server console it self.

Please help me on this. I am facing this issue in production environment.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Santhosh Ponnusamy
Nicolas Figay, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 4 Fecha de incorporación: 2/07/09 Mensajes recientes
Dear Rajiv,
you mentionned that changing password within the database should help to provide a new password.
Rajiv Terwadkar:
Hi Rian
Log in to the database and change the password to some thing like test by running update statement. You can use 'qUqP5cyxm6YcTAhz05Hph5gvu9M=' for updating the password this corrosponds to test
I hope this helps
Regards
Rajiv

I tried to do so with liferay 4 using hyperonic, i.e. I made it on liferay.script.

But when restarting the server, it seems that my modification are not considered by Liferay.

Any idea on how it should be done in order to provide a new password for administration?

Thanks by advance.

Nicolas
David Latty, modificado hace 14 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 96 Fecha de incorporación: 16/06/08 Mensajes recientes
I tried setting the password to qUqP5cyxm6YcTAhz05Hph5gvu9M= and password encrypted to 1, and restarting the server, but this did not work. I also set the password to "test" and password encrypted to 0 and restarted the server. This also didnt work.
thumbnail
Suresh Nimmakayala, modificado hace 14 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 690 Fecha de incorporación: 18/08/04 Mensajes recientes
are you sure you didnot changed the emailAddress?
is login allowed by emailAddress? or changed?
check the details in the database emailAddress,active_,lockout,password_,userId for that user

Login is by screename. LDAP accounts are not required and this admin account is not synched from LDAP.

I dont have any data in EmailAddress. active=1, lockout=0, PASSWORD=qUqP5cyxm6YcTAhz05Hph5gvu9M= AND passwordEncrypted = 1

I notice that I gfet no error message when logging in with incorrect information for either joebloggs or my useraccount. The screen just shows the login page again.

Note that I am using NTLM (liferay admin not in NTLM). With IE, I get autologged in with my useraccount (due to NTLM); however, I cant manually login with that user account.