Foros de discusión

RE: Portuguese language translation to Liferay Portal 6.0.6

Rute painco, modificado hace 12 años.

Portuguese language translation to Liferay Portal 6.0.6

New Member Mensajes: 5 Fecha de incorporación: 7/03/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi all,

The current translation for portuguese is in brasilian portuguese and the files are * designated _PT.properties. I translated a new version for the portuguese version 6.0.6. I opened an issue can extract the new version. Of course it is not perfect, but I think it's better than the current translation.

language_pt_PT606

Greetings,
Rute
thumbnail
Julio Camarero, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1668 Fecha de incorporación: 15/07/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi Rute,

We are very glad that to receive this contribution because it has been a long time since somebody worked on this translation.

However, we have changed our translation mechanism and we can only accept translation now through our online tool: translate.liferay.com (note that properties files can be uploaded there too, so your work can be used anyway). In order to be able to submit translations there you should become the Portuguese Leader (otherwise you can only make suggestions and some administrator will have to approve them), would you like to be the Portuguese Leader? In order to do so, you just have to subscribe to this category and review/approve the suggestions made by other users in translate.liferay.com and I will grant you the required permissions.

We also have another option which we are using for some languages which consists on that some language files are just extending (and overwriting) others. For example, as we have more translators in the US, our default translation for English is American English, but then we have a translation for British English which just contains those lines which are different. The same applies to Spanish (Spain) and Spanish from Mexico. I don't know how different it is the translation for Portuguese from Brazil and Portugal, but as the Brazilian community for Liferay is very active, I was wondering if you think it would be a good idea to make the Portuguese (Portugal) translation contain only the differences with the Portuguese (Brazil) translation. If there aren't too many changes it may be worthy, but maybe it is a better idea to keep them completely separate. What do you think?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Julio,

I forgot to mention that there are many changes between the Portuguese of Brazil and Portuguese from Portugal, which is why I put hands to work and translate the file properties. It is better to keep them separate. Of course it is not perfect, I accept suggestions / revisions.

Thanks.
Greetings,
Rute
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1668 Fecha de incorporación: 15/07/08 Mensajes recientes
Ok, good to know. Let's keep them separated then.

Thanks a lot!
thumbnail

I just updated the Translation leaders page.

Welcome to the team! emoticon

Thanks Julio!

Greetings,
Rute
Manuel Moura, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 10/09/11 Mensajes recientes
Bom dia.
Posso ajudar?
Cumprimentos.
Manuel Moura
Paulo Ribeiro, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 24 Fecha de incorporación: 16/07/13 Mensajes recientes
Good morning,

I am beginner to use the Liferay Portal and I downloaded version liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0.6-20110225.zip.

And also I downloaded the file Language_pt_PT.properties.

My doubts, which folder the file will Language_pt_PT.properties?

I thank you attention and I'm waiting for an answer.

Att

Paulo
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 10 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6396 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi Paulo,
especially as you state you're a beginner, you should go with the most current version, Liferay 6.1.1. That version already has a more updated version of the portugese (and other) translations, you should not need to do anything.
In case you want to update the translation yourself, I would recommend to update it through a plugin - I don't recommend directly replacing it in Liferay. This holds true especially if you don't can't create such a plugin. And a custom translation in a hook is future-proof/easy to maintain, while changing it directly in Liferay is not.

Hello,

I was reading that version 6.0.3 has come with the Portuguese language and translation
abaxei version 6.0.6 and is in the English language.

For the project the company is in Portuguese language and version 6.0.6

What I have to do to convert to Portuguese language.

If anyone can help me thank.

Att

Paulo
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 10 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6396 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
  • configure Liferay to use portugese as default language (google "liferay default language")
  • Rely on content-negotiation: If your portal offers portugese content and your browser is configured to prefer it over english, Liferay will automatically choose portugese for unauthenticated users
  • authenticated users can set their own language preferences explicitly in their Liferay profile (it will be set for them during account creation, but they can override)
  • append the language you desire after the hostname as first element of the path. E.g. http://localhost:8080/pt/web/guest/home

Thank you by return

Greetings,

Paulo