Foros de discusión

Portal Instance Properties

thumbnail
Matteo Gnocchi, modificado hace 12 años.

Portal Instance Properties

Junior Member Mensajes: 33 Fecha de incorporación: 6/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi

I have a single liferay 6.0.6 CE server, there are several portal instances; each individual instance has a series of communities that shares the configuration.
Is there a way to add different individual configurations for each portal instance (for ex. portal-instance1.properties)?

Thanks

Matteo
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Portal Instance Properties

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1744 Fecha de incorporación: 6/11/08 Mensajes recientes
I think it should be possible as I see the provision in portal.properties to include company specific properties, though I have never tried id. Check out the following property. It says first you have to set company-id-properties system property to true, then you can have portal-companyId.properties

#
    # Each portal instance can have its own overriden property file following
    # the convention portal-companyWebId.properties. To enable this feature, set
    # the "company-id-properties" system property to true.
    #
    # To enable:
    #
    #     java ... -Dcompany-id-properties=true
    #
    # The read order will now be: portal.properties, then portal-ext.properties,
    # and then portal-liferay.com.properties.
    #
    # Note that not all properties can have different values per company. This
    # functionality is only available for legacy reasons. The preferred way to
    # configure a portal instance is through the Control Panel.
    #
    include-and-override=portal-${easyconf:companyId}.properties
    include-and-override=${liferay.home}/portal-${easyconf:companyId}.properties

Regards,
Sandeep
MICHAIL MOUDATSOS, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Portal Instance Properties

Regular Member Mensajes: 110 Fecha de incorporación: 4/10/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Matteo,

did you manage to make this work, after all? I'm trying to do the same for the Web server properties with no success. Any gotchas you encountered? Anyone else?

In detail, what I did:
I added -Dcompany-id-properties=true to setenv.bat in the line defining JAVA_OPTS
I also created system-ext.properties file with company-id-properties=true in it
I created portal-myCompanyWebId.com.properties and inside I added the web server properties I wanted to customize for the instance with the given webId

I think that should be all.