Foros de discusión

RE: Abstract view for blogs in 6.1 GA1

thumbnail
Alain Dresse, modificado hace 12 años.

Abstract view for blogs in 6.1 GA1

Junior Member Mensajes: 95 Fecha de incorporación: 18/07/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I am using the 6.1 GA1 release of liferay, and I have questions on the blog display.

In 6.0.6, when a blog post had no description, the abstract view of the blog post (portlet configuration, display settings, display style set to abstracts) would display the first lines of the blog post before the "Read more" link.

In 6.1 GA1, this seems no longer to be the case - i.e. the "abstract view" and the "Title view" are identical for blog posts that have an empty description field. Is this something that can be changed in the control panel or in the portal-ext.properties ?

I added the line
blogs.page.abstract.length=400
to my portal-ext.properties, but that didn't change anything.

Best regards,
Alain
thumbnail
Sergio González, modificado hace 12 años.

Expert Mensajes: 301 Fecha de incorporación: 7/01/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Alain,

That behaviour was changed in the following tickets: LPS-23686 and LPS-23692.

If you want a different behaviour you can change that using a Hook and modifying view_entry_content.jsp inside the blogs folder and the following lines (they should be around line 137):

<c:when test='<%= pageDisplayStyle.equals(RSSUtil.DISPLAY_STYLE_ABSTRACT) && !strutsAction.equals("/blogs/view_entry") %>'>
<%= StringUtil.shorten(HtmlUtil.stripHtml(entry.getDescription()), pageAbstractLength) %>

and use the following:

<c:when test='<%= pageDisplayStyle.equals(RSSUtil.DISPLAY_STYLE_ABSTRACT) && !strutsAction.equals("/blogs/view_entry") %>'>
<%= StringUtil.shorten(HtmlUtil.stripHtml(entry.getContent()), pageAbstractLength) %>

Hope it helps emoticon
thumbnail

Thanks Sergio !

I understand the logic. I do however have a couple follow-up questions:

• Shouldn't the behaviour be consistent with the asset publisher, which still uses the first n characters of the content if the description is empty ?
  • Shouldn't the description field be longer ? I can barely get one sentence in it...

Happy to post an entry in Jira if you think it's useful.

Best regards,
Alain
thumbnail
Sergio González, modificado hace 12 años.

Expert Mensajes: 301 Fecha de incorporación: 7/01/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Alain,

I have told Máté about this (he's the one who did that change), so he will reply here and let you know the reasons so you can discuss them.
Thanks for your interest emoticon
thumbnail
Máté Thurzó, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 6 Fecha de incorporación: 28/01/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Alain,

It's indeed inconsistent between the asset publisher and blogs, and it would be nice to have that fallback, if the abstract is empty. If you don't mind you can go ahead and open a ticket in Jira for this, then assign to me, and I'll work on that.
The same applies for the description problem, you can open up a Jira ticket for that one as well, and assign to me.

Thank you very much for your help!

Máté
thumbnail

Hi Máté,

I created LPS-25277 and LPS-25278, but cannot assign them to you.

Best regards,
Alain
thumbnail
Máté Thurzó, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 6 Fecha de incorporación: 28/01/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Alain,

Thanks for doing it so. I've assigned them to myself, and I'll address those tickets soon.

Thanks,

Máté
thumbnail
Mazhar Alam, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 191 Fecha de incorporación: 25/11/11 Mensajes recientes
Thanks!!! It helps..