Foros de discusión

RE: Shared and user preferences

Laurent RUAUD, modificado hace 15 años.

Shared and user preferences

New Member Mensajes: 22 Fecha de incorporación: 5/05/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi all.

I'm a bit confused as how Liferay manage portlet preferences.
There are several options that I though I understood but while testing them, I didn't get what I was expected.
Maybe I'm also not clear with communities/users/pages/layouts and such.

Is someone able to tell me if my following conclusions are right?

1. A portlet with preferences-company-wide set to true will always share its preferences between all users/communities and pages.
2. On personnal pages, user can be consider both as a user and as an admin, thus preferences-owned-by-group will have no effects on personnal pages.
3. Instanceable portlet instances can be considered as different portlets, thus preferences-unique-per-layout has no effects and preferences will always be unique across all pages.

Then, to have the following behaviour, do my according configurations are correct?

1. My CMS portlet should display a different content for each instance and should only be configurable by an administrator. instanceable=true, pref-company-wide=false, pref-unique-per-layout=true, pref-owned-by-group=true

2. My RSS portlet (not the liferay's one) displays the user's list of feeds ; feeds being choosen in a list defined by an admin.
instanceable=false, pref-company-wide=false, pref-unique-per-layout=false, pref-owned-by-group=true
I think this one is not possible as Liferay doesn't support both user unique preferences and user shared preferences at the same time.

Please, any help will be very helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Laurent.
Laurent RUAUD, modificado hace 15 años.

I made lots of tests in order to answer my questions and here are the results.
May it help anybody else.

For non instanceable portlet, I got the following:
  • owned-by-group=false, unqiue-per-layout=false: shared for a user between pages and communities, different for each user
  • owned-by-group=false, unqiue-per-layout=true: different for each page and each user, and thus each community
  • owned-by-group=true, unqiue-per-layout=false: shared inside a community (all users and pages), different for each community
  • owned-by-group=true, unqiue-per-layout=true: shared for users but different for each page
  • company-wide=true: shared for users, pages and communities

For instanceable portlet, things changed a bit and I got the following:
  • owned-by-group=false, unqiue-per-layout=false: different for each page and each user, and thus each community
  • owned-by-group=false, unqiue-per-layout=true: different for each page and each user, and thus each community
  • owned-by-group=true, unqiue-per-layout=false: shared inside a community (all users and pages), different for each community
  • owned-by-group=true, unqiue-per-layout=true: shared for users but different for each instance

Cheers.
kuhajeyan gunaratnam, modificado hace 15 años.

New Member Mensajes: 14 Fecha de incorporación: 24/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Thanks dude it helped me!
thumbnail
Amit Kumar Singh, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 71 Fecha de incorporación: 12/10/10 Mensajes recientes
Laurent RUAUD:
I made lots of tests in order to answer my questions and here are the results.
May it help anybody else.

For non instanceable portlet, I got the following:
  • owned-by-group=false, unqiue-per-layout=false: shared for a user between pages and communities, different for each user
  • owned-by-group=true, unqiue-per-layout=true: shared for users but different for each page

For instanceable portlet, things changed a bit and I got the following:
  • owned-by-group=false, unqiue-per-layout=false: different for each page and each user, and thus each community
  • owned-by-group=true, unqiue-per-layout=true: shared for users but different for each instance

Cheers.

Thanks dear but it's not working for me. I have the group pages for organization. Now suppose two user A & B are existing. User A has draged the portlet X on page. Now when User B will get login, he is also able to see the X portlet. But i don't want to show the X portlet to User B. Please let me know how can i configured the group pages for same organization members.
thumbnail
Christophe Cariou, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 57 Fecha de incorporación: 1/10/07 Mensajes recientes
Hello Laurent,

does it work only for new portlet plugins or can it be applied to liferay legacy portlets ?

For example, making the AssetPublisher portlet user-customisable on common pages ?

Regards
Laurent RUAUD, modificado hace 12 años.

This applies to every portlet but I'm not sure legacy portlets have been developed to store user preferences.
It's up portlet developer to decide to use this storage system or any other (don't know for AssetPublisher portlet).
thumbnail
Alireza Zare, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 110 Fecha de incorporación: 3/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Supper!
<preferences-company-wide>true</preferences-company-wide> Works fine!

Thanks a lot