Foros de discusión

Linking Wiki pages in HTML Mode

Michael Holakovsky, modificado hace 15 años.

Linking Wiki pages in HTML Mode

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Just got headache about how to link between wikipages in Liferay Wiki, when editing in HTML mode. I tried the search server button (deutsch: Server durchsuchen) but didn't find any wiki page I created.

My questions:
  • is the HTML mode not yet usable or did I miss something.
  • how to link to attachments from other pages
  • what is meaning of this button, when I can't find wiki content

In other wikis like dekiwiki or confluence you can search through the local wiki pages and their attachments to define a link. That would be great for Liferay also.

Thanks
Oliver Weiss, modificado hace 15 años.

RE: Linking Wiki pages in HTML Mode

New Member Mensajes: 5 Fecha de incorporación: 21/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Michael Holakovsky:
Just got headache about how to link between wikipages in Liferay Wiki, when editing in HTML mode. I tried the search server button (deutsch: Server durchsuchen) but didn't find any wiki page I created.

My questions:
  • is the HTML mode not yet usable or did I miss something.
  • how to link to attachments from other pages
  • what is meaning of this button, when I can't find wiki content

In other wikis like dekiwiki or confluence you can search through the local wiki pages and their attachments to define a link. That would be great for Liferay also.

Thanks

I have the same problem with the wiki pages. Also I want to link to other pages.
thumbnail
Juan Fernández, modificado hace 15 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1261 Fecha de incorporación: 2/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi Oliver!
Have you find out what's the solution?
I have your same problem. If so, I hope you can write it down here emoticon
Thanks!

Hi Juan,

there's the possibility to switch to the "Source" in the HTML editor. There you can insert the link as <href>, e. g.:

<a href="/web/guest/3/-/wiki/Main/GasPage">Gas</a>

This gives you a link to the page called "GasPage". The link will be displayed as "Gas". Not so nice but it works.
Might be that the "3" in your case is another number. Just get the path from your main page of your wiki.

Inserting the link in WYSIWYG mode was "only" a question of syntax and how to use the link editor of the fckeditor - but I forgot how my colleague did it :-(

Oliver
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1261 Fecha de incorporación: 2/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Thanks Oliver:
this is an "ugly" way to work, above all if the users aren't developers! but if it's the only way to do it, there's nothing more to say emoticon
Thanks for your answer and let's pray for the Liferay Team to fix this issue in the next versions
Greetings
thumbnail

Juan Fernández:

this is an "ugly" way to work, above all if the users aren't developers! but if it's the only way to do it, there's nothing more to say emoticon

I have found another way to do this. It's completely absurd, but it works.
You have to write the name of the new page using at least two words, each of them beggining in upper case in the "classic wiki" editor.

When you save the page an interrogation mark appears and if you click on it, your new page is created.

I hope it wil be useful

Greetings

Juan Fernández:
Juan Fernández:

I have found another way to do this. It's completely absurd, but it works.
You have to write the name of the new page using at least two words, each of them beggining in upper case in the "classic wiki" editor.

[...]

Yes, that's how it works in the "creole" mode that most of the people using wikis are quite familiar with.

Seeing that our end users were quite happy to see someting similar to MS Word we have to/want to stick to the HTML-WYSIWYG editor.

The best I found for that environment is the following:

• Insert the text for your link title and highlight it. In the example mentioned in my post above this would be "Gas"
  • Click the "Insert/Edit Link" button. - The link editor will open.
  • Insert "/wiki/Main/GasPage" for the example mentioned in my post above.
  • Click the OK button.

I still don't like it to prefix my wiki page with "/wiki/Main/", but it is a workaround ...
thumbnail
Ryan Terwedo, modificado hace 14 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 94 Fecha de incorporación: 31/10/08 Mensajes recientes
I have had the same problems...

Have you guys seen Mindtouch Deki? Its open source and it is amazing easy to use with a WYSIWYG. Mabye someone can "borrow" it for the LR wiki implementation?

Worst case use it in an iframe?

I have debated teaching users Creole or using the Deki and embedding it. What are your thoughts on using an outside Wiki?

http://www,mindtouch.com
thumbnail
Denis Signoretto, modificado hace 14 años.

Expert Mensajes: 375 Fecha de incorporación: 21/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Does anyone has find a way to get Outgoing Links working using html editor with the wiki? It works using creole I need it working also in html.

Tanks,
Denis.
thumbnail
Ziggy R, modificado hace 14 años.

Expert Mensajes: 293 Fecha de incorporación: 8/06/08 Mensajes recientes
Was a solution ever found for this? It seems odd to be able to switch between html and creole but not being able to link to a creole page from an html page or vice versa..
thumbnail
Norgan Han, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 4 Fecha de incorporación: 12/08/09 Mensajes recientes
Adding to this - if you switch between creole and html mode, you might just break the page coding and mess it up completely - just try it out on the liferay wiki.

So to be honest, I am quite flabbergasted. The bottom line is: Liferay Wiki is not usable for Non-IT Endusers.
  • No Wikilinks in HTML mode
  • HTML<->Creole Swiching is broken
  • enduser documentation how to use the wiki is not available
  • nor is it included in the wiki standarddistribution - beeing a page EVERYone has to create

That is not the way to conquer the market outside the IT communities. :-(
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modificado hace 14 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2034 Fecha de incorporación: 5/03/09 Mensajes recientes
I hate that. This is going to be a HUGE problem for us.

I am NOT teaching 300 non-IT PhD's how to use Creole. I won't do it and NONE of you can make me. *Runs away screaming*
thumbnail
Dennis Greiffenberg, modificado hace 14 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 222 Fecha de incorporación: 30/04/07 Mensajes recientes
I fully agree to Lisa. Creole is an absolute "No-Go" for non-IT-personnel.

What adds up to your findings, which are already worse enough, is the fact that the links are not shown as "incoming links" or "outgoing links" when editing a page using the HTML-Editor (which is true for creole...).
So you cannot see (at least not at a glance) what links to your page and where the actual page has references to.

Don't even think about switching between creole and html, as it'll break the entire content (as already described above).

/Dennis.
thumbnail
Christian Merkel, modificado hace 14 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 111 Fecha de incorporación: 14/12/09 Mensajes recientes
I got the same problem...

i use a "template wiki-page" (thats another point, liferay-wiki is missing) for creating new wiki-pages.
so my users only have to click a link and the got a copy of my template-wiki-page.
there are many tables and fields they can edit.
and theres also a table called "dependences". there the users have to put all links to other pages, relevant to this page. in the template, there is 1 link predefined. the user see it as "www.linktomypage.com/thispage" and then he edit it, not using the insert/edit-link button, only the text! so the link still point to my predefined page, only the text is changed.

so it would be realy realy great to use a syntax like: "[thispage]" insied the html-code for linking....

why this is so a big problem??? :< using html and some creol together?

thx
Corey Robb, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 30/05/13 Mensajes recientes
As Oliver mentions this is still from what i can see the only option
"
there's the possibility to switch to the "Source" in the HTML editor. There you can insert the link as <href>, e. g.:

<a href="/web/guest/3/-/wiki/Main/GasPage">Gas</a>

This gives you a link to the page called "GasPage". The link will be displayed as "Gas". Not so nice but it works.
Might be that the "3" in your case is another number. Just get the path from your main page of your wiki.

Inserting the link in WYSIWYG mode was "only" a question of syntax and how to use the link editor of the fckeditor - but I forgot how my colleague did it :-(
Oliver
"
Just for further clarification 3 is the page for your wiki. So for most this will be "wiki/-/wiki/Main/WikiPageName"

This is the wiki you are switching to or are currently in
The first highlighted value is your wiki homepage , the second is the page you wish to swap to.

Also as a side-note if you have spacing in the title of your wiki page replace the space with "+"

ie /wiki/-/wiki/Main/wiki+page
thumbnail
Michele Zanarotti, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 94 Fecha de incorporación: 20/02/12 Mensajes recientes
Has anyone solved this problem ?

In Liferay 6.1 it seems that it's yet impossible to link a wiki page using HTML formatting. This is a big trouble.
We adopted liferay wiki solutions for a series of reasons, but we couldn't think previously about this big flaw
in the wiki implementation.
Marina Ra, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 56 Fecha de incorporación: 13/07/12 Mensajes recientes
The linking actually seems to work (I only tried wiki-mode because I didn´t want to risk screwing up my formattings with switching between views). But what it does is it links to the target page in EDIT mode instead of to the actual page :-/ I tried this without being signed in and I still get to the edit-mode when clicking a link. Not so sexy....
Paul Allain, modificado hace 8 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 77 Fecha de incorporación: 3/09/13 Mensajes recientes
Liferay is full of bugs and not worthy of use even in intranet situations. Thanks for wasting so many months of my precious time. I will be better off creating my own portal from scratch using modern APIs and technologies based around a node.js stack. Which is exactly what I will be doing.

If anyone interested to join in this endeavour drop me a line.

Paul