- Standards Compliant: Implements the JSR 329 Portlet Bridge Standard and passes all tests within the JSR 329 Test Compatibility Kit (TCK).
- Supports both JSF 1.2 and JSF 2.1
- Supports the Mojarra implementation of JSF using either Facelets or JSP view technology.
- Innovation: Provides unique abilities like bridge:inputFile (file upload) and a variety of performance optimizations.
- Component Suites: Currently compatible with ICEfaces, PrimeFaces, and RichFaces.
The development plan for 2013 is to conform to the JSF 2.2 portlet alignment initiative of the JSR 344 Expert Group.
Liferay Partners Triton and Mimacom initially developed JSF projects at portletfaces.org and contributed them to Liferay. Support will be provided as part of the Liferay EE subscription when Liferay Faces GA is released.