There has been few queries in the Liferay forums w.r.t to support for WSRP (Webservices for Remote Portlets) in Liferay. Here is a summary and some links that point you to this integration effort.
The OpenPortal WSRP project is part of OpenPortal Project that aims to develop a WSRP version that complies with the latest version of the OASIS WSRP specification. The implementation of WSRP version 2.0 specification is currently work in progress in the OpenPortal WSRP Project.
A stable milestone of the OpenPortal WSRP 2.0 Consumer is integrated into the Liferay Portal, Yes this integration adds a WSRP version 2.0 compatible WSRP Consumer into the Liferay Portal.
Here are more links that talk about this integration and how to use it from the Liferay trunk.
- OpenPortal WSRP version 2.0 integrated into Liferay.
- Testing WSRP 2.0 interoperability with Liferay.
- A new User Interface for WSRP 2.0 consumer admin in Liferay.
So what else is in the pipeline ?
- OpenPortal WSRP version 2.0 Producer - This will add support only for readonly portlet - No support for user customization.
- Add an administrative portlet for WSRP Producer administration.
- Add support for user customization -- Allow the WSRP producer to store customization for remote users.
- Add database integration - The existing integration stores all configurations in files -- This will be moved to database.
Stay tuned for more information w.r.t this integration.