Forums de discussion

User registration with confirmation e-mail

thumbnail
David García González, modifié il y a 12 années.

User registration with confirmation e-mail

Regular Member Publications: 127 Date d'inscription: 14/07/09 Publications récentes
Hi all!

I wanted to change the default user registration scenario. My desired workflow is the following:

1.- The user enters in the "create account" form and enters all the user data: username, email, password, reminder question, etc..
2.- Liferay creates the account but the user is not active.
3.- Liferay sends an e-mail to the user e-mail account with a portal link to an url that activates the user
4.- The user makes click on the link and Liferay activates the user

Is this possible this scenario in Liferay? Do I have to develop a new portlet?

Thanks!!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 12 années.

RE: User registration with confirmation e-mail

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
I think that is supported OOTB. Check portal.properties for company.security.strangers.verify.
thumbnail
Ronak Patel, modifié il y a 12 années.

New Member Publications: 19 Date d'inscription: 20/01/10 Publications récentes
Hey David,
Set company.security.strangers.verify=true in portal-ext.properties
-
Ronak Patel
thumbnail
Deb Troxel, modifié il y a 12 années.

Junior Member Publications: 81 Date d'inscription: 22/02/10 Publications récentes
Ronak Patel:
Set company.security.strangers.verify=true in portal-ext.properties

Just wondering, have you used this to achieve the original poster's scenario?

I had assumed that is what that property would do, but when I tried it a while ago I was disappointed. The only change I noticed is on the sign in screen after registration. If the company.security.strangers.verify property is false, it says something like 'your password is ...' and when verify is true it says to check your email for your password. If you allow users to choose their own password
    login.create.account.allow.custom.password=true

then it doesn't really accomplish anything. Since they already know their password they don't have to have entered a valid email.

I'd rather see an option that works as described; let them choose their own password ('cause that's easier and nicer for your visitors) and then require an email click to validate and activate the account. Am I missing something OOTB that would do that?
thumbnail
David García González, modifié il y a 12 années.

Regular Member Publications: 127 Date d'inscription: 14/07/09 Publications récentes
Deb Troxel:

I'd rather see an option that works as described; let them choose their own password ('cause that's easier and nicer for your visitors) and then require an email click to validate and activate the account. Am I missing something OOTB that would do that?

Thanks Deb, that is what I wanted to do, but If the property "company.security.strangers.verify" does not work as an activation mail, is there any other option to send a confirmation e-mail with the link to validate and activate the account? I don't find any more options.
thumbnail
Fabio Foglia, modifié il y a 12 années.

Junior Member Publications: 61 Date d'inscription: 02/09/11 Publications récentes
This feature is available in CE 6.1.
Try the SVN tomcat bundle
DENNIS JANEK, modifié il y a 11 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 21/04/11 Publications récentes
Fabio,

I'm using Liferay 6.1.20, but I don't see this feature. Can you explain how to configure it?

Thanks.
Roshan Qureshi, modifié il y a 10 années.

Regular Member Publications: 159 Date d'inscription: 24/08/10 Publications récentes
Hi David and others,

Have any one achieved this functionality? If so please share the solution.

I used
company.security.strangers.verify=true
but its not working. I am using Liferay CE 6.1

Thanks.
Roshan Qureshi, modifié il y a 10 années.

Regular Member Publications: 159 Date d'inscription: 24/08/10 Publications récentes
Is there any other property also required in with this property?