Forums de discussion

How to remove LR OOTB portlets

thumbnail
Balaji Murugesan, modifié il y a 12 années.

How to remove LR OOTB portlets

Junior Member Publications: 74 Date d'inscription: 10/11/10 Publications récentes
Hi,

I do not want the user to see the LR's ootb portlets... how do i disable all of them instead of going to control panel and making them inactive.
Since there are around 120 portlets so making each portlets individually inactive is not wise...
thumbnail
Anil Sunkari, modifié il y a 12 années.

RE: How to remove LR OOTB portlets

Expert Publications: 427 Date d'inscription: 12/08/09 Publications récentes
You can override the liferay-display.xml using hooks.Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Regards,
Anil Sunkari
thumbnail
Hajri Mohamed, modifié il y a 12 années.

Junior Member Publications: 71 Date d'inscription: 02/03/11 Publications récentes
what do you mean with the term "user", if you want that all that portlet disappear from add menu, i confirm the hook method, else, you will have to play with permessions related to user roles, for exemple, you can configure that portlets to be available only for some users based on their roles and not for others. emoticon
regards
thumbnail
jelmer kuperus, modifié il y a 12 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1191 Date d'inscription: 10/03/10 Publications récentes
There's a bunch of ways

You can add a liferay-portlet-ext.xml file and start Adding entries like this :

<!--?xml version="1.0"?-->

<liferay-portlet-app>

<portlet>
        <portlet-name>16</portlet-name>
        <struts-path>currency_converter</struts-path>
        <include>false</include>
    </portlet>
</liferay-portlet-app>

Or you can move portlets to the hidden category in liferay-display.xml However this only means they wont show up in the add menu

And finally you can create a startup action in a hook that disables portlets like this class does in the initRuntime method

http://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/branches/6.0.6/hooks/so-hook/docroot/WEB-INF/src/com/liferay/so/util/InstanceUtil.java
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 12 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
If you don't want OOTB portlets, the best way is not to install them in the first place. Use the Liferay war file instead of the application bundle.

Section "stalling Liferay on an Existing Application Server" in the following page:

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/administration/-/ai/installing-liferay-for-an-enterpri-4
thumbnail
Kamesh Sampath, modifié il y a 12 années.

Regular Member Publications: 158 Date d'inscription: 27/05/10 Publications récentes
Another way I feel is to install them and not load them during the portal server boot up to save some memory. To do that identify or list portlets you dont want to load and then comment them out in the following two files int he $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF
  • liferay-portlet.xml
  • portlet-custom.xml

Just be sure to comment or remove the portlets with same portlet-name from both these files.

This will help so have them installed and use them on need basis.
thumbnail

Junior Member Publications: 74 Date d'inscription: 10/11/10 Publications récentes
Hi Hitoshi,

We had downloaded the liferay with tomcat bundle and installed in two servers...Prod & Staging.
The same is working fine in Prod i.e. we are not able to see the OOTB portlets but its seen in Staging... any particular reason why this is happening.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 12 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
If you downloaded the Tomcat version, you should see all the OOTB portlets in both the prod and staing
UNLESS you've changed something as was suggested by fellow community members. The question now
is what you've done to the production server which you haven't yet done to staging.

Are all the portlets under the webapps directory in both servers?
thumbnail

Hitoshi,

the problem is we are restricting the portlets for normal users..... In our PROD only the admin user is able to see all the OOTB portlets...
normal users can only see the custom portlet which we have created.

is there any configuration that needs to be done.....
thumbnail
Vijay Gohil, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Publications: 16 Date d'inscription: 29/06/10 Publications récentes
I also faced same functionality

For that I used hook to resolve this issue, I have override "\html\portlet\dockbar\view_category.jsp" file and did some changes to remove LR OOTB portlets
In this file LR iterated all portlet and display on UI

Regards,
Vijay