Forums de discussion

Looking for Q&A/FAQ Portlets

Scott David, modifié il y a 15 années.

Looking for Q&A/FAQ Portlets

New Member Publications: 9 Date d'inscription: 25/07/08 Publications récentes
Hi, not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but...

I'm looking for an already created FAQ or Q&A application for liferay. Does anyone know if there are any of these out there?
Matt King, modifié il y a 15 années.

RE: [Liferay Forums][3. Development] Looking for Q&A/FAQ Portlets

Junior Member Publications: 60 Date d'inscription: 10/07/08 Publications récentes
Hi Scott-

I am not sure you would need a separate portlet for this…you could just put your FAQ/QA content into either an article and display it in an appropriate portlet, or create it in an announcement portlet.

Best,

Matt

From: Scott David at Liferay's Community Forums [mailto:no-reply@liferay.com]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 9:07 AM
To: mb.239390.1110549@events.liferay.com
Subject: [Liferay Forums][3. Development] Looking for Q&A/FAQ Portlets

Hi, not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but...

I'm looking for an already created FAQ or Q&A application for liferay. Does anyone know if there are any of these out there?
--
Liferay Community Forum
mb.239390.1110549@events.liferay.com
http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/1110549

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.5.5/1571 - Release Date: 7/24/2008 5:42 PM
thumbnail
Raju Uppalapati, modifié il y a 15 années.

RE: Looking for Q&A/FAQ Portlets

Junior Member Publications: 66 Date d'inscription: 24/10/07 Publications récentes
Hi,
We are working on this feature and will be available by end of August.
Please take a look at the LEP created for this puropose ( http://support.liferay.com/browse/LEP-6046 )and let us know if you want to contribute towards this feature.

_raju
thumbnail
Ahmed Hasan, modifié il y a 15 années.

Expert Publications: 306 Date d'inscription: 13/04/07 Publications récentes
Hi,

We already have a portlet developed for this purpose.

When deployed on a portal, this portlet has the following features,

1. Users can post - a question, a bug, a suggestion, a feedback

2. If the item is a question, it searches the database and see if a similar question is already asked. if some answers are available, the user is show the answers.

3. If the user is still not satisfied with the set of answers, he goes ahead to post this question.

4. The questions come to the adminstrator / power user (who ever is given the permission to act) who answers the questions and optionally tells to publish.

5. If any question is published, then it goes to the FAQ list.

6. email is integration is also taken care.

This is a good portlet to build the FAQ database dynamically based on user queries.

For more details pls send me a msg to hasan@mpower.co.in

Ahmed Hasan
mPower Labs (P) Ltd.
Bangalore
thumbnail
Raju Uppalapati, modifié il y a 15 années.

Junior Member Publications: 66 Date d'inscription: 24/10/07 Publications récentes
Hi Ahmed,
We can only use Open Source software. Are you are planning to contribute your portlet to the liferay plugins or make it available under and open source license?

thanks,
_raju
Haraux Frédéric, modifié il y a 12 années.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 05/05/11 Publications récentes
Hi Hasan,

I saw into a thread in Internet (http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/1110549)
that you've developed in 2008 one portlet FAQ for LifeRay with functionalities which seems to be more interesting.
I'would like to know if this portlet was sending to LifeRay community or if you're still selling such component.
In both cases, i'm interesting for this kind of component.
Can you say me more about it or redirect me to your business site, please ?
Thanks for your information.
Xav NYC, modifié il y a 11 années.

New Member Publications: 23 Date d'inscription: 27/09/12 Publications récentes
Frederic,
I know it's an old post but I'm looking for a similar portlet. Did you eventually find one that met your needs?
Thanks.
Xavier
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
We've created one from Web Content portlet but had to create portlets to do searches.
thumbnail
Dylan Kusters, modifié il y a 10 années.

Junior Member Publications: 76 Date d'inscription: 07/02/13 Publications récentes
Hello Ahmed Hasan,

I know it is an old post, but I just read it. The portlet you describe is exactly what I need. Do you still have this portlet and also for Liferay 6.1 GA3? If so can I get it from you ? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

With kind regards,
Dylan Kusters
rohan ray, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 22/02/11 Publications récentes
Hi All,

I know this is an old post but I am still looking for such a portlet. Basically I would like to create a forum similar to stackoverflow.com. Members can post questions, reply to questions, get points or bounty upon answering etc. It should also have tagging features.

Thanks
Rohan