Forums de discussion

Deploying Custom Portlets

thumbnail
Beren Erchmaion, modifié il y a 15 années.

Deploying Custom Portlets

New Member Publications: 22 Date d'inscription: 20/07/08 Publications récentes
I'm working with 5.1 running on jboss/jetty and the pluings SDK. I've written a simple test portlet following the instructions in the portlet development guide. When I run the ant script to deploy the module, I do not see it appear as an option on the "add application" pallet.

I see the portlet war copied to the jbossserver/default/deploy directory and I see the jboss server output that the deployment ran. Why does it not show up on the pallet? Am I doing something wrong?

I do not see anything showup in liferay's html/portlets folder.

Any help or advice would be great!

beren
thumbnail

RE: Deploying Custom Portlets

If I manually upload the .war with the admin page for managing portlets and themes then it works and I can see the portlet on the pallet and it even works right when I use it :-)

beren
thumbnail
Lari Antero Tuominen, modifié il y a 15 années.

Expert Publications: 283 Date d'inscription: 07/11/07 Publications récentes
Hi,

Use liferay's auto-deploy directory.

1. Check configuration section from plugin-installer portlet and set auto-deploy dir
2. deploy your portlet to that directory.

3. From the console you see that liferay is picking up the portlet and deploying it into your AS.
4. Now you should see it on your add application pallet.

- Lari
thumbnail

I got all that working and I see the .war show up in my app server deploy directory, but something is not working because the module does not show up on the add application pallet. I don't really get any errors.

The only differences that I can see between the auto-deploy and manual deploy thru the admin portlet are:

the auto-deploy copies a .war to c:\jboss\server\default\deploy
the manual process copies the .war and explodes it into c:\jboss\server\default\deploy

beren
thumbnail
Vihang Pathak, modifié il y a 15 années.

RE: Deploying Custom Portlet

Junior Member Publications: 41 Date d'inscription: 15/05/08 Publications récentes
What does the log say??
thumbnail
Vihang Pathak, modifié il y a 15 années.

RE: Deploying Custom Portlet

Junior Member Publications: 41 Date d'inscription: 15/05/08 Publications récentes
What does the log say??
Ganesh Ram, modifié il y a 15 années.

Regular Member Publications: 199 Date d'inscription: 05/02/08 Publications récentes
Did you try this way

For any other plugin portlet to come in add appplication you would have to do the following

1. Add the Plugin Installer application from the Add Applications menu.
2. Click on Upload File Tab.
3. Upload the portlet war file.
4. Click on Install

Now the portlet would be deployed, and would be visible in the Add Applications menu window .
thumbnail

From what I can tell the log does not give any errors. Is there a way to increase the amount of output?

I'll try some more things. Once thing I'll try is explicitly starting the directories in the plugin manager portlet. Maybe there something funky happening there.

beren
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, modifié il y a 15 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2871 Date d'inscription: 31/08/06 Publications récentes
Hi Beren,

All the Plugin Installer does is copy the uploaded WAR into the auto-deploy directory. So it should work exactly the same if you are copying the WAR yourself directly. Can you verify that when copying the files manually they are being copied to the same directory configured for the plugin installer?

If so, could you paste here the logs output in both cases?