Forums de discussion

add image in documents and media portlet

liron bar, modifié il y a 12 années.

add image in documents and media portlet

Junior Member Publications: 29 Date d'inscription: 28/09/11 Publications récentes
hello!

i'm using liferay 6.1,
i want to upload images into documents and media portlet, but the add button doesnt apper.

what can i do?

thanks!
liron.

RE: add image in documents and media portlet

Junior Member Publications: 29 Date d'inscription: 28/09/11 Publications récentes
anyone?
this is very importent for me.

liron.
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, modifié il y a 12 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1744 Date d'inscription: 06/11/08 Publications récentes
I am seeing the Add image option. Which version of Liferay 6.1 are you using. I am trying this in Liferay 6.1 beta 4

hi sandeep,

thanks for the response,

i'm using the same version like you. but i'm not seeing this button.

do i need to install something for this portlet?

liron.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 1744 Date d'inscription: 06/11/08 Publications récentes
No, I dnt think so.That is vanilla instance deployed on jelastic cloud. Can you please check the exact version of Liferay 6.1 you are using. Is it beta 3 or beta 4?

Regards,
Sandeep

beta 4. just like you.

liron.
thumbnail

Can you please attach the screen shot. Is it the admin user you are trying to access this? Which browser are you testing it on.

Check the follwoing link and see if you are able to see the icon.

http://liferayb4.jelastic.servint.net
username: test@liferay.com
password: test

Regards,
Sandeep

i've tries from every liferay user.
i'm using explorer 9.

in the link you send me i was able to see the add buttin.
but in my program i still cant see it.

liron.

Pièces jointes:

thumbnail
Juan Carrey Labarta, modifié il y a 12 années.

Junior Member Publications: 31 Date d'inscription: 15/08/11 Publications récentes
Haven't tested it yet, but have you tryed to change from Home to Images on the left hand side ?

yes i tried all the options...
thumbnail

Ok so its not a browser issue. Now the only difference i see is may be version of bundle. Can you try two things

1) Download the liferay tomcat bundle again and check again

2) In the link i shared you, i configured liferay on cloud. That is i downloaded the war and dependency jars and deployed on existing tomcat. Is it possible for you to do the same, if option 1 fails

Regards,
Sandeep

can you please explain me the second option.
i didnt understand what i need to do.

thanks,
liron.
thumbnail

Second option is not to download and run the bundle. But to have liferay installed manually on a plain tomcat.

More about this is in this link

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/administration/-/ai/installing-liferay-for-an-enterpri-4

Check this section Installing Liferay on an Existing Application Server

REgards,
Sandeep
André Ligeiro, modifié il y a 12 années.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 16/04/12 Publications récentes
Hi,

I need to read a list of images from documents and media folder. I´m using Liferay 6.1 and I know that I need to use DLAppServiceUtil.

Can someone give me an example how to do it in (edit.jsp)?

Thank you very much.
Shamik Hore, modifié il y a 11 années.

New Member Publications: 10 Date d'inscription: 18/04/12 Publications récentes
Hiii All ,

Can you please explain how to read and add images and videos from Document and Media portlet in my custom portlet ?
And what is the API for this ?

Thanks
Shamik
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
The "Add" button is appearing in the Documents and Media library in Liferay 6.1.0 GA1 and there isn't any problem uploading image files.

You don't need to use API to add images. After logging in, just select "Go to" and select "Control Panel" -> "Documents and Media library".

That should answer that topic of this thread.

If you have different question from the topic of this thread, please create a new thread and not post to this thread.
Shamik Hore, modifié il y a 11 années.

New Member Publications: 10 Date d'inscription: 18/04/12 Publications récentes
Hi Hitoshi,
Thanks for your reply.
But I think you didn't understand properly what i want to know... emoticon
I want to add Images in Document and Media portlet programatically.
Ok I have found out the API its DLAppServiceUtil

Thanks ,
Shamik
thumbnail
devaraj s, modifié il y a 11 années.

Regular Member Publications: 228 Date d'inscription: 21/05/12 Publications récentes
hi ,
according to shamik hore requirement, i also need same as that. I mean to do this, I want to write a program in outside liferay enviornment by using API. If so plz can any one help me with simple source code explanation.
Mac D, modifié il y a 11 années.

Junior Member Publications: 30 Date d'inscription: 29/09/12 Publications récentes
devaraj s:
hi ,
according to shamik hore requirement, i also need same as that. I mean to do this, I want to write a program in outside liferay enviornment by using API. If so plz can any one help me with simple source code explanation.

Are you able to do it ? i.e. are you able to upload or download media files remotely in Liferay 6.1 ? Please reply, its urgent...
thumbnail
devaraj s, modifié il y a 11 années.

Regular Member Publications: 228 Date d'inscription: 21/05/12 Publications récentes
Mac D:
devaraj s:
hi ,

Are you able to do it ? i.e. are you able to upload or download media files remotely in Liferay 6.1 ? Please reply, its urgent...

Follow this thread.
Mac D, modifié il y a 11 années.

Junior Member Publications: 30 Date d'inscription: 29/09/12 Publications récentes
I am able to uploaddocument and media files remotely on Liferay 6.1 GA2 but NOT GA1; because it does not provides method addFileEntry() on DLFileEntryService.
Adeel Aslam, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 22 Date d'inscription: 09/12/12 Publications récentes
Hi,

I have Add Button in Document and Media Portlet exception in 2 of the three machines I use the same bundle of Liferay at.

On two machines Add button is visible.

Trying to look at the log only reveals that there is Null pointer exception java.lang.NullPointerException
04:12:40,075 ERROR [http-thread-pool-8012(40)][IncludeTag:154] java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.jsp.html.portlet.document_005flibrary.add_005fbutton_jsp._jspService(add_005fbutton_jsp.java:1290)

Adeel Aslam
thumbnail
Daniel Tyger, modifié il y a 10 années.

Regular Member Publications: 105 Date d'inscription: 06/02/13 Publications récentes
Adeel Aslam:
Hi,

I have Add Button in Document and Media Portlet exception in 2 of the three machines I use the same bundle of Liferay at.

On two machines Add button is visible.

Trying to look at the log only reveals that there is Null pointer exception java.lang.NullPointerException
04:12:40,075 ERROR [http-thread-pool-8012(40)][IncludeTag:154] java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.jsp.html.portlet.document_005flibrary.add_005fbutton_jsp._jspService(add_005fbutton_jsp.java:1290)

Adeel Aslam

Adeel - I am having this same issue - I have not found a solution anywhere and I am not using db sharding - using the tomcat bundle for 6.1 GA2 or the latest GA3 bombs on me in the Control Panel Docs and Media screen draws...

Have you found a solution?
Alberto Marcos, modifié il y a 8 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 03/10/14 Publications récentes
i found a solution and posted here : https://www.liferay.com/es/community/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/17975850

anyways: I had the same error on a 6.1.2 GA3 and the problem was in the database.
Inside the table DLFileEntryType wasn't a register for the Basic Document. After create the register the button ADD apeared into the Documents & Media portlet.

I dont' know why that register dissapered but it worked for me.