Forums de discussion

New password when setting up Liferay6.1

thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 12 années.

New password when setting up Liferay6.1

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
When setting up Liferay 6.1, I'm able to enter admin name and password in the initial setup page, but I'm required to change the password during the installation.
It really bothers me that I have to change the password right after I entered it. Has anybody else find this annoying?
thumbnail
Brian Chan, modifié il y a 12 années.

RE: New password when setting up Liferay6.1

Liferay Master Publications: 753 Date d'inscription: 05/08/04 Publications récentes
Hey Hitoshi,

How are you able to enter in the password to the admin in the Setup Wizard? The admin section only allows for Admin's first name, last name, and email address.

The password section is for the database user?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 12 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
Hi Brian,

My bad on this. You're right! The second password change screen still is a hassle because I'm entering admin information in the first screen.

I should get more sleep. emoticon
thumbnail
Mahendra Mahakle, modifié il y a 11 années.

Junior Member Publications: 80 Date d'inscription: 14/03/11 Publications récentes
Hi Hitoshi,

When I am first time login to my liferay6.1 instance then it is asking me to change password and it is not procceding without changing it.
is there any way to avoid this step.? and login with current password.

Thanks,
Mahendra
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Check out the password policies in the control panel, you probably have them set to require a change at first login.
thumbnail

Junior Member Publications: 80 Date d'inscription: 14/03/11 Publications récentes
David H Nebinger:
Check out the password policies in the control panel, you probably have them set to require a change at first login.

Hi,

I have tried this by uncheking some fields under password policies in control panel. but it is not working for every new user.
I am using liferay6.1.

any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mahendra
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 11 années.

I have tried this by uncheking some fields under password policies in control panel

Which fields did you uncheck?
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:
I have tried this by uncheking some fields under password policies in control panel

Which fields did you uncheck?

Hi Hitoshi,
I have unchecked the " change required" field from password policies in control panel.
but when new user login first time then it agains going to change password step thats what i dont want.

Thanks,
Mahendra
thumbnail

Any chance that you've set expiration date on the password? Settings from the Control Panel takes precedence over those set in properties file so if you've unset change required, it shouldn't be required. It's probably some other setting.
thumbnail

You can disable the setup wizard. Put the following property in portal-ext.properties

setup.wizard.enabled=false
thumbnail

Hi,

I have put "setup.wizard.enabled=false " in portal-ext.properties. and I have created new user called "user1" with password =abc.
Now when I login with user=user1 and password=abc then it login properly. But asking to change password.
How to avoid this change password step for each and every new users.?
I am using liferay6.1.X

Thanks,
Mahendra
thumbnail

Hi All,

Thanks All. It is working now.

Regards,
Mahendra
salah eddine, modifié il y a 11 années.

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 15/06/12 Publications récentes
Mahendra Mahakle:
Hi All,

Thanks All. It is working now.

Regards,
Mahendra

hi Mahendra could you please give me that solution
thumbnail

Hi,
Please sign in as admin-> go inside control panel->select password policies tab from left side of page->then you will get "Action button" for default password policies->choose edit option from it->then un-check " change required" checkbox and save it.
Hope this will help you

Regards,
Mahendra
thumbnail
Andew Jardine, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
I've tried this but is still isn't working for me -- 6.1.2 GA3. I create a user account and the first time I log in I am asked to change the password.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

[EDIT] --
I checked my newly created user in the control panel and noticed that the password reset required checkbox (under the users Password link) was chacked. I unchecked it and saved. Logged out and was able to login without a challenge. I then restarted the portal and found that for the next user I created I didn't have to reset the password. So not sure if it was the restart or unchecking the initial user.Either way, I would have expected the "default password policy" uncheck to have applied the same logic to the user password reset required -- but I suppose there is a good reason why it does not override the (current) individual user settings.
Juan Miguel Bonilla, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Publications: 14 Date d'inscription: 02/08/11 Publications récentes
You should restart the server in order to apply the change. It seems there is any cache or something similar...