Forums de discussion

Problems with upgrade from 6.0.6 to 6.1.0

ma bu, modifié il y a 12 années.

Problems with upgrade from 6.0.6 to 6.1.0

Junior Member Publications: 31 Date d'inscription: 14/05/10 Publications récentes
Hi everybody,
at the moment I have some troubles with upgrade my portal from version 6.0.6 to 6.1.0.
The main problem is that I don't have a clue where the error comes from. But step by step:
I'm using a MySQL database with Liferay 6.0.6 running. Also I have a document library and
an image gallery.
I downloaded the new portal version, copied my portal-ext.properties and the document library /
image gallery folders to the new version and started everthing.
The upgrade process starts, but I get several errors while trying to upgrade the image gallery.

14:27:48,977 INFO  [UpgradeProcess:205] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeExpando
14:27:49,012 INFO  [UpgradeProcess:205] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeGroup
14:27:49,137 INFO  [UpgradeProcess:205] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeImageGallery
14:27:52,835 ERROR [MainServlet:198] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupAction.run(StartupAction.java:58)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.processStartupEvents(MainServlet.java:1267)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.init(MainServlet.java:195)
	at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:160)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1266)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1185)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1080)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:5001)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5289)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:866)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:842)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:615)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:649)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1581)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeProcess.upgrade(UpgradeProcess.java:211)
	at com.liferay.portal.upgrade.UpgradeProcessUtil._upgradeProcess(UpgradeProcessUtil.java:93)
	at com.liferay.portal.upgrade.UpgradeProcessUtil.upgradeProcess(UpgradeProcessUtil.java:46)
	at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupHelper.upgradeProcess(StartupHelper.java:81)
	at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupHelperUtil.upgradeProcess(StartupHelperUtil.java:40)
	at com.liferay.portal.tools.DBUpgrader.upgrade(DBUpgrader.java:119)
	at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupAction.doRun(StartupAction.java:144)
	at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupAction.run(StartupAction.java:52)
	... 20 more
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeProcess.upgrade(UpgradeProcess.java:211)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeProcess.upgrade(UpgradeProcess.java:225)
	at com.liferay.portal.upgrade.UpgradeProcess_6_1_0.doUpgrade(UpgradeProcess_6_1_0.java:67)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeProcess.upgrade(UpgradeProcess.java:208)
	... 27 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.liferay.portal.image.FileSystemHook.getImageAsStream(FileSystemHook.java:71)
	at com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeImageGallery.migrateImage(UpgradeImageGallery.java:357)
	at com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeImageGallery.migrateImageFiles(UpgradeImageGallery.java:398)
	at com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeImageGallery.doUpgrade(UpgradeImageGallery.java:248)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeProcess.upgrade(UpgradeProcess.java:208)
	... 30 more
Stopping the server due to unexpected startup errors
Disconnected from server

Just a NullPointerException... Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 12 années.

RE: Problems with upgrade from 6.0.6 to 6.1.0

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
I'd say the NPE is a bug; Liferay should not be throwing NPEs...

The core of the problem is that you have a missing image (an image is referenced in the database/doc lib somewhere that does not exist in your image library).
thumbnail
Sergio González, modifié il y a 12 années.

Expert Publications: 301 Date d'inscription: 07/01/10 Publications récentes
We changed the Hook in Liferay 6.1, so now Image Gallery uses DLHook for storing images. In order to have an automatic migration you may need to enable the following property (you need to set the Hook you were using in your previous Liferay version, before doing the upgrade, so Liferay will automatically migrate all those images to DLHook)

#
# In versions prior to 6.1, the Image Gallery portlet supported persisting
# images via com.liferay.portal.image.DatabaseHook,
# com.liferay.portal.image.DLHook, or
# com.liferay.portal.image.FileSystemHook. Since 6.1, only DLHook is
# supported.
#
# Set this property to the hook implementation to trigger automatic data
# migration during an upgrade.
#
#image.hook.impl=com.liferay.portal.image.DatabaseHook
#image.hook.impl=com.liferay.portal.image.DLHook
#image.hook.impl=com.liferay.portal.image.FileSystemHook

Junior Member Publications: 31 Date d'inscription: 14/05/10 Publications récentes
Thanks for your hints,
I tried to upgrade several times with the new image gallery property, (#image.hook.impl=com.liferay.portal.image.DLHook) but the error persists emoticon
Probably I should convert the image gallery in advance on 6.0.6, and after that do the upgrade?

Besides: what is the difference between the DLHook and the FileSystemHook? What will be converted during that data migration process?

Cheers

Thanks to all for the hints. Finally I found the problem in my database.
The problem was that in my database were some entries of images in the image gallery, but they were not on my filesystem.
So the upgrade process tried to migrate data which wasn't there. That's why the process finished with a NullPointerException.
Cheers
thumbnail
Karteek S, modifié il y a 11 années.

Junior Member Publications: 37 Date d'inscription: 05/03/12 Publications récentes
Hi ,

I am facing some problems in upgrading 6.0.6 to 6.1.0.
Can give detail process for upgrading?
I have attached the error msg and my propertie file.
Please check it and give me reply....

Thanks in advance.
Tesfahun Zaro, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 13/03/13 Publications récentes
i try to upgrade liferay from 6.0.6 to 6.1.0 based on the documentation here and still get errors:
com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Any idea guys ....?

Note:
i put the following definition in portal-ext.properties
image.hook.impl=com.liferay.portal.image.DatabaseHook
image.hook.impl=com.liferay­.portal.image.DLHook
image.hook.impl=com.liferay.portal.image.FileSystemHook
verif­y.frequency=0
permissions.user.check.algorithm=5
upgrade.processes=com.liferay.por­tal.upgrade.UpgradeProcess_6_1_0