Forums de discussion

Quality of 6.2.0 svn trunk

thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 12 années.

Quality of 6.2.0 svn trunk

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
I'm testing out Liferay from svn trunk and finding many major problems with it such as when adding child pages.
Are there going to be more testing beforel the next release?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 12 années.

RE: Quality of 6.2.0 svn trunk

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
I think the better question is how Liferay uses SVN...

The way I see it, the code represents a work in progress towards the 6.2.0 goal, and not the actual source for the coming 6.2.0 release...

That's how we use our CVS repository (code is checked in as it is completed, and it's not until we're preparing for the release build that we do the integration testing), and I'm wondering if that's how they're using SVN...
thumbnail
Gabriel Leon Leyva, modifié il y a 12 années.

Regular Member Publications: 243 Date d'inscription: 20/06/09 Publications récentes
Is 6.1 source code still available? I mean where can be download 6.1 source code with the latest changes to continue testing that version?
I was also testing from trunk but since 6.2, I stop becouse has many errors yet.

Thanks
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Gabriel Leon Leyva:
Is 6.1 source code still available?

The code for 6.1.0 CE GA is available from the downloads page.
thumbnail

Regular Member Publications: 243 Date d'inscription: 20/06/09 Publications récentes
Yes I know I've download it already, but 6.1 is still getting changes in the code as we write in the forum, I was public available from svn trunk, but when trunk changed to 6.2, 6.1 code was move to another place.

is code from 6.1.0 CE GA getting the last changes?

thanks
thumbnail

Is there a branch for 6.1 where can we get the latest changes commit it to its source? downloading by svn or git?

Thanks
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
Community version doesn't have any patches or updates. You'll have to get EE subscription.

The real problem is with the 6.1 quality which is not very good as was 6.0.5. I'm just worried about some critical bugs not getting properly fixed
and other bugs being introduced while trying to fix another.

It would be great if some period is set aside before 6.1.0 GA2 or 6.2.0 is released to find any critical bugs.
thumbnail

Yeah, so many people are jumping on 6.1, and IMHO it is way too soon to do so. 6.1 EE isn't out yet, so at least to me that signals that 6.1 CE is not quite ready for prime time, either.

We're staying w/ 6.0 EE SP2 for awhile, probably at least until liferay.com website goes to 6.1 EE (that to me is the signal that it is ready to go into production on my end).
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 12 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
I'm not in development, so take whatever I say in this direction with more than a grain of salt.

We're currently in the process of migrating to github, where you can find all the code. It's still mirrored in our svn for use by various tools, but as of now I expect only "next version", e.g. 6.2 work on trunk. 6.1.1 would be developed in a branch by backporting fixes from trunk into that branch, separating out the fixes from new features for 6.2.
This is the way Liferay is doing all fixes btw, for CE as well as EE: Fix them in trunk and backport to the relevant branches.
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modifié il y a 12 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1519 Date d'inscription: 07/08/06 Publications récentes
Like Olaf said trunk is the development branch that is in constant flux. There's separate branches for different version both CE and EE and fixes will be ported to those by different people than those that are fixing the issues in trunk.
thumbnail

I personally think it's very good that many people are testing out 6.1.0 GA1 because they'll be able to find more bugs to get it more stablilized. I won't recommend 6.1.0 to my customers yet but some of the new features are looking very good.
thumbnail
Soukaina HAJI, modifié il y a 9 années.

Regular Member Publications: 195 Date d'inscription: 17/06/14 Publications récentes
Hello, could u please post url of svn code source of liferay.
thank you.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

No. In case you didn't see it, this thread is two years old.

Liferay isn't really using SVN anymore, now the code is in Git.