Forums de discussion

Bridge and Richfaces

Attila Bak, modifié il y a 13 années.

Bridge and Richfaces

New Member Publications: 13 Date d'inscription: 15/06/11 Publications récentes
Hi,

I have taken the JSF2 demo portlet. Everything ok.
I just put the Richfaces 4.0.0m3 jars in the lib, deploy again.
I get the following exception:

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.portletfaces.bridge.FacesConfigurationImpl).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
16:12:02,047 INFO [PortletHotDeployListener:351] 2 portlets for jsf2-ipc-events-portlet are available for use
16:12:03,775 INFO [PortletHotDeployListener:381] Unregistering portlets for jsf2-ipc-events-portlet
16:12:03,776 INFO [PortletHotDeployListener:417] 2 portlets for jsf2-ipc-events-portlet was unregistered
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.portletfaces.commons.logging.LoggerLog4JImpl.<init>(LoggerLog4JImpl.java:86)
at org.portletfaces.commons.logging.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:40)
at org.portletfaces.bridge.context.ExternalContextImpl.<clinit>(ExternalContextImpl.java:79)

If i remove the Richfaces jars everything is ok again. Is Richfaces + Liferay + bridge a valid combo?

Thanks
attila
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 13 années.

RE: Bridge and Richfaces

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
You should be able to ignore the Log4j stacktrace. It happens on redeploy sometimes.

Regarding RichFaces, I think you're the first on on the forums to report trying it.
Attila Bak, modifié il y a 13 années.

New Member Publications: 13 Date d'inscription: 15/06/11 Publications récentes
Hi,

Yeah the problem is that the portlets do not get deployed correctly and will be unregistered.
I will try to investigate tomorrow further.

Regards,
attila
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 13 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
If you see "error: listenerStart" in the Tomcat console, then my recommendation would be to install Log4J logging in tomcat and enable org.apache.catalina.core=DEBUG

See:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/logging.html

That will normally provide a more verbose output of debugging info.
thumbnail
ilke Muhtaroglu, modifié il y a 13 années.

Regular Member Publications: 226 Date d'inscription: 12/05/09 Publications récentes
Neil,

we need richfaces also work with portlets (in Liferay). They have great components.

I am using Amerson's Liferay IDE and it creates JSF portlets that works fine.

Cant you provide an example richfaces portlet that works with portletfaces ? we are desperate for that ;)
thumbnail
prakash harigopal, modifié il y a 12 années.

Regular Member Publications: 101 Date d'inscription: 23/06/10 Publications récentes
Hi Neil,

We are encountered with issues as part of Richfaces migration to 4.0 with JSF2.0. Please find the more details as mentioned in Liferay forum here.

thanks
Prakash
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 12 années.

From the following line in the stacktrace:

javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.doView(GenericFacesPortlet.java:486)

It looks like you're using the JBoss Portlet Bridge. The PortletFaces Bridge would have "org.portletfaces.bridge" instead of "javax.portlet.faces"