Forums de discussion

Some troubles with portletbridge but still love it

Moayad Abu Jaber, modifié il y a 13 années.

Some troubles with portletbridge but still love it

New Member Publications: 17 Date d'inscription: 03/03/11 Publications récentes
Hello all,
I just started to learn how integrate Icefaces and liferay portal i found this library.

I faces some problem! The first problem if your protlet doesn't have faces-config.xml your protlet will not work! another problem when I added ICEfaces advance component the portal cause javascript error and you can't open any menu from docbar

regard first problem as we know JSF2 obsolete the xml and you can configure all thing through annotation.

regard the second problem I never used the advanced component in Icefaces but may I need it that mean my portal will have javascript error ??

I love portletbridge and appreciate all effort to made like this library

best regards,
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 13 années.

RE: Some troubles with portletbridge but still love it

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
Thank you very much for the kind words about the bridge. Unfortunately the ICEfaces Advanced Components are not currently supported for portlet development, with the exception of the fileEntry component. See:

http://wiki.icefaces.org/display/ICE/ICEfaces+2.0.1+Release+Notes#ICEfaces2.0.1ReleaseNotes-knownissues

Nice! thanks for your response. you didn't mention anything about faces-config file, why should be available in Icefaces portlet!! we all know the faces-config file replaceable with annotation in new specs

thanks emoticon
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 13 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
I'm pretty sure (not positive) that the requirement for the existence of a WEB-INF/faces-config.xml (even if empty) is an issue with with Mojarra. There's nothing in the bridge code that expects this file to exist.

Thank you very much for you response emoticon