Forums de discussion

Which third-party CMS for Liferay ?

Boris . Ratak, modifié il y a 15 années.

Which third-party CMS for Liferay ?

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 23/10/08 Publications récentes
Hi,

I've setup Liferay in my company and it runs fine. Unfortunately, the CMS module isn't enough for us. Although nice and powerful, Liferay's CMS is more like a blog, and we'd need something more like a Joomla or something.

So, can you name me some opensource CMS which integrate well in LifeRay ?

Thx
thumbnail
Ray Augé, modifié il y a 15 années.

Re: [Liferay Forums][6. Third Party Application Integration] Which third-pa

Liferay Legend Publications: 1197 Date d'inscription: 08/02/05 Publications récentes
Can you explain a little "how" you think that the CMS is like a Blog?

I assure you it is much more than a blog.
Boris . Ratak, modifié il y a 15 années.

RE: Re: [Liferay Forums][6. Third Party Application Integration] Which thi

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 23/10/08 Publications récentes
I meant "LifeRay's CMS is more like a blog" because of the lack of recursive categorizations : As far as I know, you can only categorize articles using a 1-level deep categorization (using the drop down menu in the edit article page). In Joomla or other "publishing oriented CMS", you can create a full tree of headings and insert articles in them.

I know that you can organize your articles creating liferay pages and adding article-type childrens, but this seems a bit complicated for some of my coworkers emoticon . Isn't there a way to select the right heading in a simple combobox ?

Again, I'm new to LifeRay, so maybe I'm wrong, but after spending some time searching for this info, this is where I am.
Alf Høgemark, modifié il y a 15 années.

Junior Member Publications: 34 Date d'inscription: 24/05/08 Publications récentes
Hi

I have had the same concerns as you, in the sense that I could not understand how you could category and group articles.
But when I attended the Liferay European conference a month ago, I saw a presentation of "tag" support in the Liferay Journal CMS, and how that was used to build dynamic pages for UN.

I haven't much time to look further into the "tag" support in Liferay, but at the presentation I got convinced that the tag support should make the Journal functionality very powerful.

So I suggest that you take a look at the CMS->Tag admin portlet, and see how you can use tags to "categorize" your articles, i.e. the people publishing will just set the correct tags on the articles they create, and then you set up the pages so it displays articles of specific tags.

Regards
Alf
Leo Wadsworth, modifié il y a 15 années.

Junior Member Publications: 77 Date d'inscription: 18/11/07 Publications récentes
I know what you mean. The way we've gotten around it somewhat is by using communities. Each community gets its own set of journal articles, so that helps. We're using a LOT of different communities.

It does seem strange to me that images and documents have folders and subfolders but not journal articles. I'd expect that to change in the future.