Forums de discussion

Database Schema

anand gopalan, modifié il y a 11 années.

Database Schema

Expert Publications: 442 Date d'inscription: 02/03/12 Publications récentes
current Dev Enviornment
Liferay6.1.0
Database:Mysql5.5
Database schema name: lportal

Current Production Enviornment

Liferay6.1.0
Database: Oracle11
Database schema name: lportal

My question is,

1. can I use same schema for both local & production?

2. If I connect the local system to production system oracle database and use same schema, our existing production pages may get affect or not.

Please answer.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 11 années.

RE: Database Schema

Liferay Legend Publications: 14917 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
You can and should use the same schema between test/production.

David, thanks for quick response.

1. But my worry is if I point into prodcution schema, our production pages will affect or not? Please confirm.

2. Because already lportal schema has lots default tables and values. now If connect from test system to production system, It will not overwrite the any tables?

Please answer. my 2 questions.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 14917 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Liferay uses a database and a data directory in the filesystem.

If you point your test system at the production database (without also pointing to the production data directory), you will have some rendering problems, but no errors.

As long as both instances of Liferay are the same version, the test system will not break the prod database.

However, as any good SCM will tell you, you never allow test resources to connect to/access/use production resources.

Thanks David for your reply.

Now, how to switch from one database to aother database.

Currently I am using MySQL5.5 and I want to connect Oracle11.
thumbnail
László Csontos, modifié il y a 11 années.

New Member Publications: 20 Date d'inscription: 15/06/12 Publications récentes
anand gopalan:
Now, how to switch from one database to aother database.

Currently I am using MySQL5.5 and I want to connect Oracle11.

Hi Anand,

I'm using the following snippet of properties to connect to Oracle DBs:

jdbc.default.driverClassName=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
jdbc.default.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@//localhost:1521/SERVICE_NAME
jdbc.default.username=xxxxxxx
jdbc.default.password=xxxxxxx

Please do not forget to drop ojdbc6.jar to $CATALINA_HOME/lib/ext.

If you want to migrate your existing data from MySQL -> Oracle, the simplest way to accomplish that is to use the data migration tool (Control Panel -> Server admin -> Data migration). Please see also here uderneath Data Migration.

With best wishes,
Laszlo Csontos
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
My question is,

1. can I use same schema for both local & production?

2. If I connect the local system to production system oracle database and use same schema, our existing production pages may get affect or not.

1. But my worry is if I point into prodcution schema, our production pages will affect or not? Please confirm.

2. Because already lportal schema has lots default tables and values. now If connect from test system to production system, It will not overwrite the any tables?

Since you've said "our existing production pages", I assume that you already have a production server in service and this is not a migration from development to become a production server.

Hope you didn't do this yet. There's another point to consider because you already have a production server in service. If your development properties are different from your production properties, you may get some errors.
Most productions system is set not to cache files so changes can be seen immediately while production system is set to set files to increase performance. Also, if production system may be using LDAP while development system may not be.

Are all the portlets the same? If you have portlet in development which is not in production, information about the portlet will be added to the production database.

As per the guideline I changed from MYSQL to Oracle Database.

Steps I followed
1. changed the properties-ext.properties file

jdbc.default.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@ind1.world:1521:xe
jdbc.default.username=XXXX
jdbc.default.password=XXXXX

2. Removed Mysql.jar file
3. placeed ojdbc6.jar in $CATALINA_HOME/lib/ext.

but I still it looking into
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver.

Please let me know any other changes i have to do and FYI I have attached the error.txt

Please help me.
thumbnail
Krisztián Rostás, modifié il y a 11 années.

New Member Publications: 7 Date d'inscription: 17/09/12 Publications récentes
Hi Anand,

Did you make your changes in portal-ext.properties file?

"Steps I followed
1. changed the properties-ext.properties file"

best,
Krisztian

yes Mr.Rostas.
I removed MySQL code and I put Oracle in portal-ext.properties under [liferay\liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1\tomcat-7.0.23\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes]

Regards
anand

After I have done below 3 steps and I restart the system.
1.changed the properties-ext.properties file
3. placeed ojdbc6.jar

but still tomcat server looking into MySQL Dialect. see the server console,
How come server will look into Oracle database.

Loading jar:file:/C:/Users/agopalan/Downloads/liferay/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.23/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/system.properties
09:43:38,712 INFO [EasyConf:122] Refreshed the configuration of all components
09:43:39,015 INFO [ConfigurationLoader:56] Properties for jar:file:/C:/Users/agopalan/Downloads/liferay/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.23/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/portal loaded from [file:/C:/Users/agopalan/Downloads/liferay/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.23/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/portal-developer.properties, file:/C:/Users/agopalan/Downloads/liferay/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/portal-ide.properties, file:/C:/Users/agopalan/Downloads/liferay/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/portal-setup-wizard.properties, file:/C:/Users/agopalan/Downloads/liferay/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/portal-ext.properties, file:/C:/Users/agopalan/Downloads/liferay/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.23/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/portal-ext.properties, jar:file:/C:/Users/agopalan/Downloads/liferay/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.23/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/portal.properties]
Loading jar:file:/C:/Users/agopalan/Downloads/liferay/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.23/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/portal.properties
Loading file:/C:/Users/agopalan/Downloads/liferay/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.23/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/portal-ext.properties
Loading file:/C:/Users/agopalan/Downloads/liferay/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/portal-ext.properties
Loading file:/C:/Users/agopalan/Downloads/liferay/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/portal-setup-wizard.properties
Loading file:/C:/Users/agopalan/Downloads/liferay/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/portal-ide.properties
Loading file:/C:/Users/agopalan/Downloads/liferay/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.23/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/portal-developer.properties
09:43:43,828 INFO [DialectDetector:80] Determine dialect for MySQL 5
09:43:43,863 INFO [DialectDetector:145] Found dialect org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect

Starting Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.1.0 CE (Paton / Build 6100 / January 6, 2012)
09:44:02,885 INFO [BaseDB:409] Database does not support case sensitive queries
09:44:03,259 INFO [PluginPackageUtil:1096] Reading plugin package for the root context
thumbnail

I suspect that your settings in portal-ext.properties was overwritten by other configuration file (s) which is loaded later, see your log file.
E.g. portal-setup-wizard.properties, which often contains database configuration related parts.
Can you please check that are there any MySQL related attributes inside?

Yes Mr.Rostas,

Below code of Portal-setup-wizard.properties
admin.email.from.name=Test Test
default.admin.first.name=Test
default.admin.last.name=Test
jdbc.default.password=test
liferay.home=C:/Users/agopalan/Downloads/liferay/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1
admin.email.from.address=test@liferay.com
company.default.name=Liferay
default.admin.email.address=test@liferay.com
company.default.locale=en_US
jdbc.default.username=root
jdbc.default.driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
jdbc.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/lportal?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&useFastDateParsing=false

setup.wizard.enabled=false
default.admin.screen.name=test

you Mean I want replace with below code(oracle)

#oracle
#
jdbc.default.username=XXX
jdbc.default.password=XXXX</b></color>
thumbnail

You can do this, but I think it would be better to remove all jdbc. attributes from here and let portal-ext.properties to do the connection settings with Oracle.

Hello Mr.Rostas,

Small Doubt in below line for oracle database

Oralce:
jdbc.default.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@ind1.world:1521:xe - Can I give like this?

MySQL:
# jdbc.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/lportal?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&useFastDateParsing=false

because In Mysql i specified with localhost and schema name.but i didn't specified like that so how it will identify?
thumbnail
Gaurav Jain, modifié il y a 11 années.

Regular Member Publications: 145 Date d'inscription: 31/01/11 Publications récentes
anand gopalan:
Hello Mr.Rostas,

Small Doubt in below line for oracle database

Oralce:

MySQL:
# jdbc.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/lportal?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&useFastDateParsing=false

because In Mysql i specified with localhost and schema name.but i didn't specified like that so how it will identify?

Its syntax is:
Old syntax
jdbc:oracle:thin:@[HOST][: PORT]:SID
New syntax
jdbc:oracle:thin:@//[HOST][: PORT]/SERVICE

You can find the SID/SERVICE name in your tnsnames.ora file:
XE =
 (DESCRIPTION =
   (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = myhost)(PORT = 1521))
   (CONNECT_DATA =
     (SERVER = DEDICATED)
     (SERVICE_NAME = XE)
   )
 )
ORCL =
 (DESCRIPTION =
   (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = myhost)(PORT = 1521))
   (CONNECT_DATA =
     (SID = ORCL)
   )
 )

Refer to : http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/JDBC

After I add oracle connection code in portal-ext.properties i am getting below error.

I tried to ping tnsping ind1.world but i getting this Message 3511 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK, facility=TNSTNS-03505: Message 3505 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK, facility=TNS

error showing in console. Please let me know how come overcome from this issue

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5260)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:866)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:842)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:615)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:649)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1581)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.CannotAcquireResourceException: A ResourcePool could not acquire a resource from its primary factory or source.
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.awaitAvailable(BasicResourcePool.java:1319)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.prelimCheckoutResource(BasicResourcePool.java:557)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.checkoutResource(BasicResourcePool.java:477)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool.checkoutPooledConnection(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:525)
... 102 more
11:10:55,895 WARN [BasicResourcePool:1841] com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask@293b53 -- Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (3). Last acquisition attempt exception:
java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:419)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:536)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:228)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:32)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:521)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnection(DriverManagerDataSource.java:134)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.java:182)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool$1PooledConnectionResourcePoolManager.acquireResource(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:148)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.doAcquire(BasicResourcePool.java:1014)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.access$800(BasicResourcePool.java:32)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask.run(BasicResourcePool.java:1810)
at com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread.run(ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.java:547)
Caused by: oracle.net.ns.NetException: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
at oracle.net.nt.ConnStrategy.execute(ConnStrategy.java:375)
at oracle.net.resolver.AddrResolution.resolveAndExecute(AddrResolution.java:422)
at oracle.net.ns.NSProtocol.establishConnection(NSProtocol.java:678)
at oracle.net.ns.NSProtocol.connect(NSProtocol.java:238)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.connect(T4CConnection.java:1054)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:308)
... 11 more
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: ind1.world
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:1158)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1084)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1020)
at oracle.net.nt.TcpNTAdapter.connect(TcpNTAdapter.java:171)
at oracle.net.nt.ConnOption.connect(ConnOption.java:123)
at oracle.net.nt.ConnStrategy.execute(ConnStrategy.java:353)
... 16 more
thumbnail
Nikhil Nishchal, modifié il y a 11 années.

Regular Member Publications: 177 Date d'inscription: 22/06/12 Publications récentes
Hello Anand,
According to your log its seems wrong host name entry is there.
As per Gaurav's comment connection url should like:
Oralce:

here "ind1.world" is DB host name and "1521" is oracle running instance port no.
Is your hostname is "ind1.world"?
are you providing correct hostname and portno there?

Hello Nikhil,

After I changed into New Syntax like below.i am getting the error. see the attached logs - You can get more information.

jdbc.default.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@ind1.world:1521/xe.

Is your hostname is "ind1.world"? = Yes
"1521" is oracle running instance port no. - Yes
Logs:
12:06:58,928 WARN [BasicResourcePool:1841] com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask@f5e814 -- Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (3). Last acquisition attempt exception:
java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: IO Error: Unknown host specified
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:419)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:536)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:228)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:32)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:521)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnection(DriverManagerDataSource.java:134)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.java:182)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool$1PooledConnectionResourcePoolManager.acquireResource(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:148)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.doAcquire(BasicResourcePool.java:1014)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.access$800(BasicResourcePool.java:32)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask.run(BasicResourcePool.java:1810)
at com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread.run(ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.java:547)
Caused by: oracle.net.ns.NetException: Unknown host specified
at oracle.net.resolver.HostnameNamingAdapter.resolve(HostnameNamingAdapter.java:191)
at oracle.net.resolver.NameResolver.resolveName(NameResolver.java:133)
at oracle.net.resolver.AddrResolution.resolveAndExecute(AddrResolution.java:404)
at oracle.net.ns.NSProtocol.establishConnection(NSProtocol.java:678)
at oracle.net.ns.NSProtocol.connect(NSProtocol.java:238)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.connect(T4CConnection.java:1054)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:308)
... 11 more

Pièces jointes:

thumbnail

Your error is "Unknown host specified".

This is not a Liferay issue at all.

This is totally an environmental issue. Obviously you don't know how to a) install the oracle driver or b) configure it correctly or c) test the configuration or d) resolve name lookup failures.

Unknown host most likely means d) if you've got the other pieces straight, but at this point you've gone through so many iterations of changes on the database config it's hard to say...

Hello David,
Same configuration I made it in Production box and its successfully running. But in the development box it is not working.
Dev box initially it was MYSQL and now i shifted to Oracle Database.
thumbnail

So start with the simple case: do a "ping <hostname>" from a dos prompt and see what you get. Replace <hostname> with the host from the jdbc url.

Hello Sir,
tnsping ind1.world.

TNS Ping Utility for 32-bit Windows: Version 11.1.0.7.0 - Production on 29-OCT-2012 16:39:24

Copyright (c) 1997, 2008, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Message 3511 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK, facility=TNSTNS-03505: Message 3505 not found; No message file for
product=NETWORK, facility=TNS

i try to set the oracle path in the enviornment variable, but it is not success.
ORACLE_HOME=C:\oracle\product\11.1.0\client_1

Anything else i have to do.
thumbnail

Yes, contact your dba and/or networking group for help setting this up.

Thank you Sir, I will do it.

Regards
Anand
thumbnail
Nikhil Nishchal, modifié il y a 11 années.

Regular Member Publications: 177 Date d'inscription: 22/06/12 Publications récentes
In place of hostname try it with IP (for localhost)
in case if host-entry is not there.
thumbnail
Gaurav Jain, modifié il y a 11 années.

Regular Member Publications: 145 Date d'inscription: 31/01/11 Publications récentes
anand gopalan:
As per the guideline I changed from MYSQL to Oracle Database.

Steps I followed

but I still it looking into
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver.

Please let me know any other changes i have to do and FYI I have attached the error.txt

Hi Anand,

Just FYI: this change will use a fresh database (I mean if your oracle db is not already containing liferay data, then liferay will populate its tables here)
And will not migrate your mysql data to this oracle db. If you intended for migration, then please follow steps mentioned by László Csontos.

For this particular java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver. ; just to confirm have you restarted your server after making these changes in portal-ext?

Hello Jain,

In production box Liferay6.1.0/Oracle and In Dev box Liferay6.1.0/MySql.

Now I want to swithch over in my Dev box Liferay6.1.0/Oracle instead of Mysql.

In Dev MySQL i don't have much data. I don't want data migration, Only I want switch over from MySQL to Oracle thats it.

so can use the step1.step2 & step 3.?

Please let me know is it correct? or i missed anything.

Regards
Anand
Vitaliy Natarov, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Publications: 4 Date d'inscription: 22/09/14 Publications récentes
Hello guys!

I have on first server oracle 11g and on second server i want to install liferay 6.2 with oracle ( not mysql). But i have problems.
Please write me how to do it if possible
Many thanks,

Regards,
Vitaliy
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

Vitally, please open a new thread as this one is long since dead.

Yes Oracle will work, you just need to install the client jar and connect it up.