Forums de discussion

Unintuitive Permissions for content management

Riley Pickerl, modifié il y a 11 années.

Unintuitive Permissions for content management

Junior Member Publications: 50 Date d'inscription: 10/01/13 Publications récentes
Hello,
I have been evaluating Liferay for the last couple of days and I have been relatively impressed with its content management functionality. However I find setting permissions a little awkward. Why do I have to create/upload a document and then set permissions to each individual role after it has been uploaded? You set the permissions for Owner, Site Member and Anyone at the creation of the document, but I want to set the specific roles in this step. Is there a way to set-up content management so that you can assign roles on the creation? Is there settings I can change in the portal-ext.properties to achieve this, or does this have to be done with a hook?
I have attached some images of my desired intention. I want to replaced the circled section with the other image.

Any ideas if this can be done?
Thanks.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 11 années.

RE: Unintuitive Permissions for content management

Liferay Legend Publications: 14914 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Did you check what was available clicking the 'More Options' link? I haven't, but that might be a place to start...
Riley Pickerl, modifié il y a 11 années.

Junior Member Publications: 50 Date d'inscription: 10/01/13 Publications récentes
All that 'more options' allows you to do is to specifically set which permissions the Anyone and Site Member users can perform with the content.
Jupp Choi, modifié il y a 11 années.

New Member Publications: 18 Date d'inscription: 01/10/12 Publications récentes
Have the same situation.

If you login with the Site Adminstrator role, you will see as in your 'desired'.
Any other non-Administrator created roles seems to see only Guest or Site Member.

And allowing the Administrator role to a user.......not right as it means user can do many things. emoticon
Share if you have a work-around.