Forums de discussion

RE: What is "Implemented in Platform" suppose to mean in LPS?

thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 11 années.

What is "Implemented in Platform" suppose to mean in LPS?

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
LPS is really confusing now. What's this "Implemented in Platform" suppose to mean?

In the following issue, the effected version is 6.0.0 Preview. The final comment is "Implemented as page templates in Liferay 6.1" but Jorge is commenting before "How is this different from the Page Templates feature that we have in Liferay 6?" The fixed version is "none". What's all these suppose to mean?

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-3397?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#issue-tabs

It seems Liferay.com just messed up their bug tracking system.
thumbnail
James Falkner, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1399 Date d'inscription: 17/09/10 Publications récentes
Hitoshi Ozawa:
LPS is really confusing now. What's this "Implemented in Platform" suppose to mean?

In the following issue, the effected version is 6.0.0 Preview. The final comment is "Implemented as page templates in Liferay 6.1" but Jorge is commenting before "How is this different from the Page Templates feature that we have in Liferay 6?" The fixed version is "none". What's all these suppose to mean?

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-3397?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#issue-tabs

It seems Liferay.com just messed up their bug tracking system.

Hitoshi, thanks for noticing, the Fix Version/s field should be updated with the correct release in which the feature was added (and ideally a pointer to the LPS that fixed it). We've just introduced Feature Requests and ironing out the issues therein. You can read more about Feature Requests here.

Could you do me a favor and stop adding unsubstantiated and disparaging claims and opinions about liferay.com in your posts? While the first part of the post is very helpful, the last sentence doesn't add any value. We always strive to provide a great product and improve how the community interacts with liferay.com, but we aren't perfect.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
I didn't say Liferay.com messed up their bug tracking system, I just said it "seems" that way. Also, I hope you'll take note that not all "opinion" are entirely mine - I'm bringing some up becauase some people are just to "shy" to post it themselves - just want to let you know there are some people complaining about it. I do weed out most complaints about liferay and liferay.com that I do hear. I do have to admit that I get personally irritated when something stops working when it was working - I really do get very irritated when I'm telling people how great it is and it stops working a few days after and somebody else contacts me about it (I do hope you realize that I'm just an ordinary human being and that I do get stressed out sometimes. I'm not perfect either.)

I know there are many people are Liferay.com working hard and I hope you also realize that I'm working very hard too - I'm not just involved in these forums but elsewhere on the net and offline too. Forums posts are just a tip of an iceberg to what's I'm doing. Liferay is also just a tip of an iceberg to all the things I'm doing.

I don't win unless Liferay wins and I do hope that you'll note that I have no intention of putting a rope around my own neck (or do you guys think that I'm that stupid? :-) )

I do hope that we can make this into a win-win situation instead of a lose-lose situation.

FYI, I was recently promoting about the quality of liferay to users by showing them the jira tracking system and how bugs where being handled. Getting more community involvement and github integration was really making it look good compared to other projects. But...

One another note, I know that you have your employees to think about but I have my users, clients, and my employer to think about too. I have to show them that I'm trying to get it resolved and showed some dissatisfaction. I hope that you'll think about the conditions I'm in too. :-)

Most of us know Jorge is just a technical guy so we understand him as he is but as a community manager, recommend that you study up on social customs in different cultures because these forums are beginning to get people from many different cultures - you can try to find out the reason as to why not too many Japanese users are posting here and try to better the condition. The person sitting next to me don't want to post here nor do the person behind me and they all give the same reason.
In the meantime, I'm studying up on Indian culture because some of their messages used to baffle me. I'm slowly beginning to find their messages interesting. :-)

BTW, I'm currently writing up a research paper on multi-cultural factors influencing communication mismatch in a software development project for a research magazine. I'm learning a lot from these forums. :-)