Forums de discussion

support for Vaadin 7.1

thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modifié il y a 10 années.

support for Vaadin 7.1

Liferay Master Publications: 978 Date d'inscription: 03/01/10 Publications récentes
is support for Vaadin 7.1 in the IDE/Studio plans/works ? I am really looking forward to Vaadin 7.1 so buttons work again in IE10 in native mode (IE10 compat mode fine) ; http://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/11294
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: support for Vaadin 7.1

Liferay Legend Publications: 14914 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
I don't even know if they have plans for 7.0 Jack, let alone 7.1...

Current Jira tickets indicate that Vaadin 7.0 is not working under the Liferay 6.2 branch...

And Vaadin 7.1 is not even out yet (that I'm aware of, still only nightly builds)...

You're just too far on the bleeding edge, my friend... emoticon
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 14914 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
P.s. I'd recommend staying with the 6.8 line until all of the issues are resolved...
thumbnail

Greg was on the "Day of Liferay" broadcast, and he was showing off the latest and greatest IDE changes (2.0). I think his focus has been mainly getting the 'straight' Liferay Maven stuff working in the IDE. Looks really good and I'll be happy to jump onboard the new version, but I'm not sure that Vaadin is on his radar yet...
thumbnail

Liferay Master Publications: 978 Date d'inscription: 03/01/10 Publications récentes
I have to catch up on my day of liferay over time including your presentation

as for bleeding... no IE10 native from current Vaadin/GWT is a challenge
thumbnail

this day of liferay over time is brilliant

was hoping to see the dutch quized like the finnish were...

can u say 'community' ? awesome
thumbnail

Jack Bakker:
as for bleeding... no IE10 native from current Vaadin/GWT is a challenge

We've completed testing IE10 & Vaadin 6.8.10 and did not see any issues...

Frankly I think it's just too early to jump on V7 in Liferay. I've got some bugs open on some pretty simple things (i.e. if your main component has a height of 100% it just doesn't render correctly (it's on the page, but it's height is set to 2px so effectively it's not there)).

I'm working with it now to try to flush out other issues because eventually I'd like to move to V7, but I'm only going to jump after the major issues have been resolved (to me, not being able to set a height of 100% is a major issue).

Admittedly I'm doing most of my testing in chrome initially, but I plan on expanding to the other major browsers before too long...
thumbnail

Thanks much for sharing David, we will look further at v6.8.10 and IE10 in native mode
thumbnail

Jack, please note I represent neither Liferay or Vaadin, so don't hold either accountable for my words... Just got to say that because some forum readers might not know that I'm an outsider, just an avid fan of both emoticon
thumbnail

good to clarify of course ; Liferay and Vaadin aside, do you also not want me to hold you accountable for writing I shouldn't hold you accountable ? lol

btw: there is a cool 'signature' addon for Sencha js where someone can enter their signature with mouse/pen/finger for the likes of disclaimers ; haven't seen that in Vaadin yet tho am looking

yeah, I'm an avid fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs and so far they haven't sued me for yelling at them on TV ; lol
thumbnail

David H Nebinger:
We've completed testing IE10 & Vaadin 6.8.10 and did not see any issues...

Yeah, normally I don't feel the need to do any kind of disclaimer, but after reading this it might have seemed like I was giving some kind of official blessing of the two, and didn't want to mislead anyone in that way...

And who knows, maybe the Leafs will turn things around and make you happy this year!
thumbnail

If the Leafs don't the Habs might.
thumbnail

Vaadin v6.8.10 for IE10native looks good so far in our testing, thanks