Forums de discussion

Converting Lifeproject to use Maven

Florian K., modifié il y a 11 années.

Converting Lifeproject to use Maven

New Member Publications: 4 Date d'inscription: 19/04/13 Publications récentes
Hi,
first off all i use Eclipse juno and m2e /m2e-wtp to develop projects, since liferay uses Ant naturally i wanted to take a look at its new Maven support via Liferay IDE2.0 EA
I tried to use the new Liferay IDE 2.0 EA to convert an exsiting Liferay Project to use Maven (using Reference to get things going)

Now coming to the point I have to reimport my exsiting project things don't work, i tried to build a new simple project file (via "new Project -> Liferay ->LiferayProject->Portlet") and tried to reimport it as a maven file. I think there might be my mistake since i was not able to tell LiferayIDE 2.0 EA to use Maven.

What are the excact steps to get a portlet createt in liferay to use maven?

Thanks
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modifié il y a 11 années.

RE: Converting Lifeproject to use Maven

Liferay Legend Publications: 1123 Date d'inscription: 16/02/10 Publications récentes
Hello Florian,

There is no "convert" support at the moment. You will want to follow this ticket for that support. However, you can create new projects or import existing maven/m2e projects that use the liferay-maven-plugin.

But if you don't have any liferay projects that are maven based and use the "liferay-maven-plugin". Then you can at least create your first one by creating a "File > New Maven Project" and select the "liferay-portlet-archetype" from the nexus catalog.

Once you have done that, when Liferay IDE 2.0 tries to configure the project it will fail because of the ${liferay.XXX} properties don't resolve to good directories. Once you satisfy that with either a parent pom or a profile (or directly in pom.xml with properties) then you can "update" it again "Right click > Maven > Update Project...". Then the Liferay configuration should succeed and you will see the project decorated with a "L" icon. Now they are full LiferayIDE EA2.0 projects.

Hope this helps!
Florian K., modifié il y a 11 années.

RE: Converting Lifeproject to use Maven

New Member Publications: 4 Date d'inscription: 19/04/13 Publications récentes
Hi Greg,

thanks a lot or your hints ^^, I didn't get it that there's no convert happening. Now I got a Maven based project and can experiment with it.