Forums de discussion

How to upload audio or video files?

Ramesh Kumar, modifié il y a 15 années.

How to upload audio or video files?

New Member Publications: 11 Date d'inscription: 10/03/09 Publications récentes
Hi ,

1. Is there any configuration to upload media files like .avi, .mp3, .mpg to the document folder?
2. How can I increase the upload file size?

Thanks
Ramesh
thumbnail
Alberto Montero, modifié il y a 15 années.

RE: How to upload audio or video files?

Expert Publications: 357 Date d'inscription: 13/01/08 Publications récentes
Hi Ramesh,

In portal.properties there are several dl.* properties to control all those things.

Regarads
Ramesh Kumar, modifié il y a 15 années.

New Member Publications: 11 Date d'inscription: 10/03/09 Publications récentes
Thanks Alberto,

I added the properties in portal-ext.properties. It works fine.

dl.file.max.size=999999999

dl.file.extensions=.mpg,.mpeg,.mp3,.mp4
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, modifié il y a 14 années.

Expert Publications: 373 Date d'inscription: 27/08/04 Publications récentes
In the next beta the Admin will be able to configure these settings through the GUI.
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2034 Date d'inscription: 05/03/09 Publications récentes
That's AWESOME news. Frankly, there shouldn't be all this editing a text file and making settings apply instance wide.
thumbnail
Dave Mosher, modifié il y a 14 années.

New Member Publications: 19 Date d'inscription: 17/06/09 Publications récentes
Hi all,

I have the same Document Library needs as Ramesh -- I want to be able to upload and host MP3 and other multimedia files. So I changed portal-ext.properties as you and others have described; I set dl.file.max.size to dl.file.max.size=20000000 and dl.file.extensions to dl.file.extensions=.mpg,.mpeg,.mp3,.mp4

After a shutdown/restart, however, trying to upload .mp3s and other file types via the Document Library gave me the following error message:

Document names must end with one of the following extensions: .bmp, .css, .doc, .docx, .dot, .gif, .gz, .htm, .html, .jpg, .js, .lar, .odb, .odf, .odg, .odp, .ods, .odt, .pdf, .png, .ppt, .pptx, .rtf, .swf, .sxc, .sxi, .sxw, .tar, .tiff, .tgz, .txt, .vsd, .xls, .xlsx, .xml, .zip, .jrxml

Furthermore, the classic uploader says my upload limit is still 8192k (the Liferay default, I think).

It's almost as if I had never changed portal-ext.properties, so I checked the portal properties in Liferay via Control Panel > Server Administration > Properties > Portal Properties -- both dl.file.max.size and dl.file.extensions reflected my changes.

So what gives? My changes are live, but Liferay is using default settings.

I'm running Liferay 5.2.3/Tomcat 6.0.18 on a Linux server -- perhaps I'm not restarting the server in the correct way, so my changes aren't being read? I shut down and restarted Liferay via the service feature in the /sbin/ directory of the Linux server. Used the following commands:

sudo ./service liferay stop

sudo ./service liferay start

Any help a.s.a.p. would be fantastic.
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, modifié il y a 14 années.

Expert Publications: 373 Date d'inscription: 27/08/04 Publications récentes
Dave,

We added a new administrative interface for changing those settings. Go to Control Panel > Server Administration > File Uploads. You'll see a screen like this:

Pièces jointes:

thumbnail
Dave Mosher, modifié il y a 14 années.

New Member Publications: 19 Date d'inscription: 17/06/09 Publications récentes
Thanks so much Bryan! This interface is truly a thing a beauty.

And leave it to me to not see the ketchup in the refrigerator, so to speak... The "File Upload" tab was right in front of my nose.
Rodrigo Marquez, modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 46 Date d'inscription: 11/12/08 Publications récentes
Hi,

I have changed the allowed extensions in control panel in order to allow the .mpg video upload. It seems document library allows to upload videos but after this, the video doesn't shows in doc library.

Any idea?

Thanks!