Forums de discussion

RE: New Social Office CE release

thumbnail
Vicki Lea Tsang, modifié il y a 11 années.

New Social Office CE release

Junior Member Publications: 49 Date d'inscription: 18/04/11 Publications récentes
We have been hard at work here at Liferay and are happy to announce the release of a second community edition of Social Office.

Social Office 2.0.4 CE GA2 contains a variety of bug fixes (see release notes) and is now available for download from Liferay's Marketplace here. For those already using SO CE GA1, you will have the option to upgrade through the Marketplace page in your portal Control Panel.

Thanks for your input on our previous release. I hope you will continue to help us build and refine Social Office by submitting your suggestions and bug reports on our Social Office Jira project at issues.liferay.com/browse/SOS.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
Thanks, just downloaded it. emoticon
stephan raju, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 4 Date d'inscription: 29/05/13 Publications récentes
can you give the download link for the latest one
thumbnail
Mandy Zia, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 12 Date d'inscription: 22/06/10 Publications récentes
Hi Stephan,

The current release of Social Office can be downloaded through Marketplace . If you have the Marketplace app installed on your Liferay instance, you can also find it in-product through the Marketplace area in the control panel. Please let us know if you have any other issues!

Regards,
Mandy
thumbnail
Patrick Wolf, modifié il y a 10 années.

Regular Member Publications: 127 Date d'inscription: 15/09/10 Publications récentes
Hi Mandy,

This is good news and thousands thanks for such a quick update release which will fix some strange behaviours.
I have a dummy question, how do you upgrade the right way from Social Office 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 for Liferay 6.1.1 CE if you do not have the Marketplace app? Do you hot deploy it and it overrides the current release? That would be nice :-) Or do you have to stop service tomcat, remove the so-welcome-theme, so-portlet, so-theme, so-hook directories from webapps, copy the new Social Office release to the deploy directory and restart Tomcat? Last time I upgraded to 2.0.4 I had some errors and warnings in the catalina.out log file. This time I would like to upgrade in a nicier way.
Thank you for your reply.

Best regards,
--
Patrick Wolf
thumbnail
Mandy Zia, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 12 Date d'inscription: 22/06/10 Publications récentes
Hi Patrick,

You should be able to upgrade without too much trouble by hot deploying 2.0.5 CE on top of 2.0.4 CE. You won't need to remove any of the directories from webapps because 2.0.5 will replace 2.0.4 during the upgrade process. Hope that helps! emoticon

Regards,
Mandy
thumbnail
Patrick Wolf, modifié il y a 10 années.

Regular Member Publications: 127 Date d'inscription: 15/09/10 Publications récentes
Hi Mandy;

Sorry, I am not as quick as you are to reply. The upgrade went smoothly. Thank you very much indeed!

Just some clues for people who want to upgrade. What I did first is uninstall from Control Panel > Update Manager, the previous release of Social Office, i.e. 2.0.4, together with the theme, portlet and hook, and then hot deployed the latest release without any errors in the log during deployment. I restarted Liferay and that's it! emoticon However, for the next upgrade, I will follow your instructions and hot deploy it without uninstalling the previous release.

Great hook and very good job from the Liferay team. I am currently testing it.

At first glance, one thing which may not have been corrected in this release is the warning message when on the Dashboard page of a social office user:
« This page has been changed since the last update from the site template. No further updates from the site template will be applied. Click Reset to overwrite the changes and receive updates from the site template »
I click "Reset" and this warning remains until I uncheck the Edit Controls box.
This may come from a misconfiguration on my side but I would like to remove it or at least to be able to overwrite the changes as it is supposed to do when clicking Reset. This can be maddening for end-users. I have not yet found how to handle this minor issue.

Kind regards,
Patrick
Morad Ahmad, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 4 Date d'inscription: 21/03/13 Publications récentes
Which source code branch/tag of the liferay plugins sdk can I download to get the correct versions of this release. I would like to change/extend some of the portlets/themes of the social office ...

Thanks!
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6396 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
You could/should use this technique to extend existing plugins. This way you have isolated your changes well from the stock version and can upgrade easier to the next version.

It seems that SO is not tagged on github as it's an app built from multiple plugins - I'm not sure of the exact reason though.
thumbnail
James Falkner, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1399 Date d'inscription: 17/09/10 Publications récentes
Olaf Kock:
You could/should use this technique to extend existing plugins. This way you have isolated your changes well from the stock version and can upgrade easier to the next version.

It seems that SO is not tagged on github as it's an app built from multiple plugins - I'm not sure of the exact reason though.

Yeah, Social Office is built by first building Liferay Portal itself, then adding in multiple (around 9) separate open source plugins. If you download SO from the marketplace, and unzip the .lpkg file, you can see which plugins are included therein, then get their source code:

$> unzip -l 15190404_25011213_25012280.lpkg |awk '{print $4}'

Name
----
chat-portlet-6.1.1.4-ce-ga2-20130507155221814.war
contacts-portlet-6.1.1.1-ce-ga2-20130507155221814.war
deploy-listener-hook-6.1.1.1-ce-ga2-20130507155221814.war
events-display-portlet-6.1.1.1-ce-ga2-20130507155221814.war
microblogs-portlet-6.1.1.1-ce-ga2-20130507155221814.war
portal-compat-hook-6.1.1.1-ce-ga2-20130507155221814.war
private-messaging-portlet-6.1.1.1-ce-ga2-20130507155221814.war
resources-importer-web-6.1.1.3-ce-ga2-20130507155221814.war
so-hook-6.1.1.1-ce-ga2-20130507155221814.war
so-portlet-6.1.1.3-ce-ga2-20130507155221814.war
so-theme-6.1.1.1-ce-ga2-20130507155221814.war
so-welcome-theme-6.1.1.1-ce-ga2-20130507155221814.war
tasks-portlet-6.1.1.1-ce-ga2-20130507155221814.war
wysiwyg-portlet-6.1.1.1-ce-ga2-20130507155221814.war
liferay-marketplace.properties

All of those plugins' source code are housed on the Liferay Plugins Github repository. For example, the source code to the so-hook is here.

Ideally, these sorts of shenanigans should not be necessary in order to get the source to an open source project, but SO is a bit of a special case, as it is not a "standalone open source project", but rather an amalgamation of several plugins + Liferay, so to recreate an SO build, you would need to first build Liferay, then build and deploy the above plugins to it.
Morad Ahmad, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 4 Date d'inscription: 21/03/13 Publications récentes
Thanks Olaf and James,

I already downloaded the source of the plugins included in SO. But I would download exactly the same source i installed throw the marktplace. As I understand you, the plugins used are not tagged for the SO release. Thats mean I have always to start with liferay source+sdk-source. ...I will try the way Olaf supposed first.

Thanks,
Morad.
thumbnail
Dieter Metzler, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 17 Date d'inscription: 11/03/08 Publications récentes
Thank you very much. Social Office is great. I already integrated it on a Social Network for beekeeper: www.bee-social.org
Social Networking is now much smarter with Social Office.
Bee Happy
Dieter
Christian Perez, modifié il y a 10 années.

Junior Member Publications: 36 Date d'inscription: 01/07/13 Publications récentes
Hi
thats so god, but I have a doubt the integration or sync between liferay calendar and other calendars outlook for example will be possible to do in this version or I need to wait to the next release?
thanks
sorry if you know some tool or plugin than can help me to do this integration and sync both I really appreciate that
thanks again
--Chris--