Forums de discussion

FREE Liferay Cookbook

thumbnail
Ahmed Hasan, modifié il y a 10 années.

FREE Liferay Cookbook

Expert Publications: 306 Date d'inscription: 13/04/07 Publications récentes
Dear Liferay Community Member,

I am very happy to inform that i have written a comprehensive guide for Liferay Portlet Development. This work is an outcome of my eight years of experience working on Liferay projects and more than 50 corporate training conducted world over. The book has 14 chapters running close to 400 pages. It is given absolutely FREE of cost for the Liferay community members. You are free to print and re-distribute the book to your friends and colleagues. You can download a copy from our company website, http://mpowerglobal.com/download-cookbook.

Once you download and read the book, please give your valuable comments and feedback. This will help me to make improvements / corrections in the next release of this eBook. Feel free to contact me through the wall in my profile page for any questions or doubts. I'll be more than happy to respond. You can also reply on this thread to get in touch with me.

Yours truly,
Ahamed Hasan
Author, Liferay Portlet Cookbook
thumbnail
Chandan Sharma, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: FREE Liferay Cookbook

Junior Member Publications: 63 Date d'inscription: 28/05/12 Publications récentes
Ahmed Hasan:
Dear Liferay Community Member,

I am very happy to inform that i have written a comprehensive guide for Liferay Portlet Development. This work is an outcome of my eight years of experience working on Liferay projects and more than 50 corporate training conducted world over. The book has 14 chapters running close to 400 pages. It is given absolutely FREE of cost for the Liferay community members. You are free to print and re-distribute the book to your friends and colleagues. You can download a copy from our company website, http://mpowerglobal.com/download-cookbook.

Once you download and read the book, please give your valuable comments and feedback. This will help me to make improvements / corrections in the next release of this eBook. Feel free to contact me through the wall in my profile page for any questions or doubts. I'll be more than happy to respond. You can also reply on this thread to get in touch with me.

Yours truly,
Ahamed Hasan

Hi

I found Really Hands on Content in this book. This book is very very helpful for the developers who is new to Liferay as well as Experience Liferay developers.

Thanks for the Book
Chandan
thumbnail
Mohammed Mujahid, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 16 Date d'inscription: 07/11/09 Publications récentes
Thanks Ahmed for this amazing contribution emoticon

This is the perfect book to quickly get started with Liferay and get the hands-on experience. I personally felt it very helpful. Hope we get more versions of this book with also Portal Administration covered in them.
Ajmal Khan Mohamed, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 02/09/09 Publications récentes
Great Job Hasan, Indeed it is the first of its kind in the liferay community. It will be of much help for the developers.
Monalisa Sahu, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 22/04/12 Publications récentes
Its really a very nice book to learn Liferay. Thanks for sharing this valuable book.

Thanks Monalisa
Parvez Shaik, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 30/08/13 Publications récentes
I guess this is ONE OF A KIND book, ever written on Liferay. This book should really give a big thrust on further increasing & strengthen the Liferay Dev Community. With Hasan as Master Chef, now roll out all those Liferay Delicacies...

Happy Cooking!!!
-Parvez
Gwowen Fu, modifié il y a 10 années.

Expert Publications: 315 Date d'inscription: 27/12/10 Publications récentes
Thanks for the book, I just found it two days ago from other thread and I am reading it now.
thumbnail

Thank you so much Gwomen.
vijayalakshmi b, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 30/08/13 Publications récentes
Thanks Hasan for the book. Its a good book which helps the developers who are new to Liferay.
thumbnail
Srinivasan Ramakrishnan, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 03/08/12 Publications récentes
Thanks Hasan. The book will be very useful for Liferay developers.
thumbnail
M J, modifié il y a 10 années.

Regular Member Publications: 184 Date d'inscription: 01/03/13 Publications récentes
Thanks, Ahmed. This book is really good, it covers lot of technical details and developer tips that we cannot get anywhere else. Keep up the great work.

MJ
thumbnail

Dear M.J.

Thanks for your encouraging comments.

BTW, may i know where do you work and what do you do?
thumbnail

Regular Member Publications: 184 Date d'inscription: 01/03/13 Publications récentes
Hi Ahmed,

I work in Detroit, USA. I am a newbie in Liferay and I only do Liferay for my own site. Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
MJ
thumbnail
Shankar Baba, modifié il y a 10 années.

Regular Member Publications: 143 Date d'inscription: 18/10/12 Publications récentes
M J:
Thanks, Ahmed. This book is really good, it covers lot of technical details and developer tips that we cannot get anywhere else. Keep up the great work.

MJ

Dear MJ can u send me the downloadable link for this ebook pls.
Thanks in advance.
thumbnail

@ Shankar

The link is posted in Ahmed's original post above. Anyway here it is : Liferay Cookbook

MJ
Mlanajyostna Pradhan, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 5 Date d'inscription: 30/08/12 Publications récentes
Hi

I found this book is very very helpful for the developers who is new to Liferay as well as Experience Liferay developers.
emoticon
thumbnail
devaraj s, modifié il y a 10 années.

Regular Member Publications: 228 Date d'inscription: 21/05/12 Publications récentes
I liked your contribution to liferay community members, you did a great job. thanks for this wonderful contribution .
thumbnail
Manoj Patro, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 17/07/12 Publications récentes
This book is very helpful for the developers who is new to Liferay as well as Experience Liferay developers, because it contains new techniques of using liferay provided functionality with hands on example
thumbnail
Shankar Baba, modifié il y a 10 années.

Regular Member Publications: 143 Date d'inscription: 18/10/12 Publications récentes
Dear Ahmed, books are always categorized in two ways like for experienced and for starters, but this book is useful for both.Nice job,Keep going.

Shankar.
thumbnail

Dear Shankar,

Thanks for your encouraging feed back. Yes, while writing this book, I have made it a point to keep it common for both beginners and advanced practitioners. I am sure you found this book useful. Please share the book link with your friends and colleagues, so that everyone gets benefitted out of it.

Yours truly,
Ahamed Hasan
thumbnail
Abhishek Suthar, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Publications: 18 Date d'inscription: 26/06/13 Publications récentes
Hi Ahmed,

I am unable to download this book from the emailed link!!

Please help.

Thanks,
Abhishek
R Z, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 16 Date d'inscription: 12/09/13 Publications récentes
I applied for the download link twice but did not receive it. First time was about 24 hrs ago. Checked my spam folder as well. Did the rest of you get it in an immediate fashion?
thumbnail

Dear R Z,

There was a small issue with the email server and it got fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please try the download now. You should be able to get the email with the download link. Thank you so much for raising this concern.

Yours truly,
Ahamed Hasan
R Z, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 16 Date d'inscription: 12/09/13 Publications récentes
Thank you! I'm looking forward to reading this book. I read a piece of one of the chapters and it looks very promising.
thumbnail

Thank you so much, R Z. Look forward for your comments after you read the entire book.

Yours truly,
Ahamed Hasan
Adnan Yaqoob, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Publications: 9 Date d'inscription: 30/06/14 Publications récentes
Hi Ahmed,
Though I got the email with link upon submitting all detail - but there is no option to download book after navigating the link

Adnan
Pawel Michalski, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Publications: 12 Date d'inscription: 03/02/15 Publications récentes
Hi.

Someone has a actual link to download the book?

Thanks a lot.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Pawel Michalski:
Someone has a actual link to download the book?

Looks like the link in this post is not valid anymore (returns a 404) nor is it available on their website. You might try reaching out to mpower sales to see if it is still available.

Maybe will helps, the is form, after submit they send you a link to book in your mail content.

http://www.mpowerglobal.com/?page_id=164
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
I was clicking the link in the footer to "Liferay Cookbook" but that didn't go anywhere emoticon

How to contact with Ahmad?
thumbnail

If he's still with mpower, you can probably go through their "contact us" information. Remember that in some part this is marketing material for mpower, so even if you don't contact them by filling in the form they will most likely contact you...
thumbnail
Ahmed Hasan, modifié il y a 9 années.

Hi Pawel,

You can reach me through hasan@mpowerglobal.com. Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks.
thumbnail
Gerald Romero, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 7 Date d'inscription: 12/10/12 Publications récentes
Book looks great. Tons of useful information. You mentioned we are "free to print and re-distribute" the book. The document I downloaded was password protected and I am therefore unable to print. Any ideas?
thumbnail

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for your valuable comments.

As far as my knowledge goes, the book is not password protected. Can you please send me the screen shots for the problem that you are facing.

I'll be happy to help you out.

Thanks.
thumbnail
Gerald Romero, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 7 Date d'inscription: 12/10/12 Publications récentes
shrikanth shrikanth, modifié il y a 10 années.

Regular Member Publications: 118 Date d'inscription: 11/12/13 Publications récentes
sir can u plz help me.....

how to create custom login portlet in liferay.Ima new to liferay even iam following ur book its really help to me to learn liferay.
But right now i have a requirment to do custom login portlet were i want to give authentication for admin and user plz help me if u have code send me
iam waiting fr ur reply

regards
shrikanth
Shreyas Kamthe, modifié il y a 9 années.

Junior Member Publications: 58 Date d'inscription: 09/06/14 Publications récentes
Hi Ahmed Sir,

This is Shreyas and i am using your book to learn liferay portlet development.
The book is working wonders.But i have encountered a problem on page 190 in portlet internationalization.
You have not mentioned the value of LibraryConstants.KEY_SEARCH. This is the place i am stuck and i need your help.

So can you please help me
Jai Kumar, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 21/08/14 Publications récentes
Thanks for this book.
Marko Perić, modifié il y a 9 années.

Junior Member Publications: 52 Date d'inscription: 03/09/14 Publications récentes
Ahmed Hasan:
Hi Gerald,

Thanks for your valuable comments.

As far as my knowledge goes, the book is not password protected. Can you please send me the screen shots for the problem that you are facing.

I'll be happy to help you out.

Thanks.

Hello Ahmed,

first of all I would like to congratulate you for your effort to make this book, I appreciate that.

I'm new Liferay user and I'm searching for a book that could help me to learn it, but I have a similar problem like Gerard - can't print your book because file is password secured. Can you send me password or give a link with print-free version of book?

Thanks in advance,

Marko
thumbnail

Marko Perić:
I'm new Liferay user and I'm searching for a book that could help me to learn it.

Marko, the cookbook kind of assumes that you know a little about Liferay, and it has some great recipes for doing common tasks. I would recommend that you include Liferay in Action, which is the official book from Liferay and is a great introduction. I think you'll find that the two books complement each other in many ways.
Marko Perić, modifié il y a 9 années.

Junior Member Publications: 52 Date d'inscription: 03/09/14 Publications récentes
Great David, thanks a lot, I'll try to get that book!
Chirag Patel, modifié il y a 8 années.

New Member Publications: 6 Date d'inscription: 11/04/15 Publications récentes
Thanks Hasan for sharing this book. It's very handy to learn Liferay specially for beginners. The language is very simple and easy to grasp.
thumbnail
Claudio Donaté, modifié il y a 8 années.

Junior Member Publications: 68 Date d'inscription: 09/04/15 Publications récentes
Hello and thank you for this great source of material.

I have just one question, at my company we use exclusively Liferay 6.2.

Is this book suited for me? I'm just now starting to explore portlet development and would like to use your book, but I need to know if I'm going to be able to use the knowledge on Liferay 6.2.

Thank you very much.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 8 années.

Will it work line for line? Maybe not. But if you can apply the concepts and learn from the material, if you are capable of doing more besides cutting and pasting and throwing up your hands at the first compiler issue, then this book will be useful.
thumbnail
Claudio Donaté, modifié il y a 8 années.

Junior Member Publications: 68 Date d'inscription: 09/04/15 Publications récentes
David H Nebinger:
Will it work line for line? Maybe not. But if you can apply the concepts and learn from the material, if you are capable of doing more besides cutting and pasting and throwing up your hands at the first compiler issue, then this book will be useful.

Thank you for the replay. That's the information I was looking for. Cheers.
thumbnail
Ahmed Hasan, modifié il y a 8 années.

Hi,

Hope you are able to follow the book and found it useful.

Thanks.
n h, modifié il y a 8 années.

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 08/08/15 Publications récentes
salam
thanks for great book.
Any plan to update the book's content with version7.0 new tech ?
Amitosh Kumar, modifié il y a 4 années.

New Member Publications: 16 Date d'inscription: 15/03/19 Publications récentes
Dear Ahmed Hasan,Download link (http://mpowerglobal.com/download-cookbook. ) is not working ,
So Can you provide the book link, So I can download this book.I am new in liferay industry, It will help me.
Regards,Amitosh Kumar