Forums de discussion

RE: How to generate PDF from Visio (.vsd) file using LibreOffice 4.?1

Ron Garrison, modifié il y a 10 années.

How to generate PDF from Visio (.vsd) file using LibreOffice 4.?1

New Member Publications: 4 Date d'inscription: 29/08/12 Publications récentes
I am currently using the following:
Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.1.1 CE GA2 (Paton / Build 6101 / July 31, 2012) (tomcat bundle)
Libreoffice 4.1

I am able to generate PDFs for viewing on the fly for MS Word, and Excel documents but have not been able to figure out how to configure the Visio (.vsd) file to convert using LibreOffice's new capability to open Visio files.

Is this option available yet to use the new Visio format within Liferay using Libreoffice 4.1?

Regards...

(Thank you for the GREAT product of Liferay!!)
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14914 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Sorry, I think this is a little off-topic...

Perhaps you should try the LibreOffice forums instead...

Thank you for your prompt response. emoticon

I have done multiple searches within multiple environments and hoped the liferay community might be able to assist. Within liferay's configuration when setting up the connection with OpenOffice or Libreoffice the options for pdf, and others automatically show up when you look at the file within Documents and Media. This did not happen for the visio file format.

Once again, Thank you!
thumbnail
James Falkner, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: How to generate PDF from Visio (.vsd) file using LibreOffice 4.?1 (Réponse)

Liferay Legend Publications: 1399 Date d'inscription: 17/09/10 Publications récentes
Ron Garrison:
Thank you for your prompt response. emoticon

I have done multiple searches within multiple environments and hoped the liferay community might be able to assist. Within liferay's configuration when setting up the connection with OpenOffice or Libreoffice the options for pdf, and others automatically show up when you look at the file within Documents and Media. This did not happen for the visio file format.

Once again, Thank you!

You would need to add the file extension to the list of extensions that Liferay thinks are convertible (see the official documentation). So you'd need to put this in your $LIFERAY_HOME/portal-ext.properties file:

openoffice.conversion.source.extensions[drawing]=odg,vsd

and restart Liferay.

James,

Thank you and I am sorry I missed that in the documentation, that is normally the first place I try to look..... emoticon

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Regards....

James,
I have made the changes to the $LIFERAY_HOME/portal-ext.properties file and I am still not getting the .vsd to .pdf to work. I can see in the Server Administration, Portal Properties where it does list the changes I have made so it looks like the file I changed is being read. I am also able to manually generate a pdf of a .vsd file using command line for the libreoffice. Everything seems to work fine for the native .odg file.

The following is a copy from the Server Administration, Portal Properties page:
openoffice.conversion.source.extensions[drawing] odg,vsd

openoffice.conversion.target.extensions[drawing] pdf,svg,swf

Any assistance is appreciated.

Regards....