Forums de discussion

Powerfull Editor like Google Drive or Office Cloud

thumbnail
Jens Schneider, modifié il y a 10 années.

Powerfull Editor like Google Drive or Office Cloud

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 30/07/13 Publications récentes
Hello,

We build a Knowledge Database for our company, and our service provider use LifeRay to build the database.
I don´t like the editor emoticon Maybe it is a good editor for professional web user, but not for people are working long time with office only.

So i search for a very Powerful Editor for Life Ray like the Google drive or office cloud ediot.
Free of charge or not .. Imported is useful!

Jens
thumbnail
Vilmos Papp, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: Powerfull Editor like Google Drive or Office Cloud

Liferay Master Publications: 529 Date d'inscription: 21/10/10 Publications récentes
Hi Jens,

What is the problem with the editor?

I think but I'm not sure, that as for most of the editors, you can select from CKEditor, TinyMCE and Liferay as editor implementations. Could you upload a screenshot about which one do you use and tell us what is the problem with it?

Perhaps with some settings or customization it could be changed to fulfill your requirements.

Regards,
Vilmos
thumbnail

Hi Vilmos,

We install the system next week on our server. Yet i have no possibility to login and make a screenshot. But i try the system on the development server since 2 month. The problem with the editor is that i can not work free with text or tables (position) or i can not add pictures via. drag and drop and so one .. Or re-size pictures with the mouse ...

The editor is not bad, of course but i search for a editor what i can use like word or google drive..
Maybe a editor where i can upload word documents or power point files.. but not as an appendix - to continue working.

Regards,
Jens
thumbnail

Liferay Master Publications: 529 Date d'inscription: 21/10/10 Publications récentes
Hi Jens,

Could you show me a screenshot? By default CKEditor is used for web contents. I've just tried the image drag and drop and resize by mouse with it, and it works fine.

Tables could be inserted and resized with mouse as well. Further more, it has a paste from word function as well, so it could parse the formats from work.

Regards,
Vilmos
thumbnail

Hi Vilmos,

The system is now installed and i add a screenshot in this contribution.
thumbnail

Hi Jens,

I see you use the default CKEditor, which can handle the drag and drop feature, image resize, etc. you required. Perhaps, it depends on browser but it's not Liferay limitation but CKEditor. About the upload files and edit it online, I haven't seen other editors which could be embedded into a portlet, but perhaps you can find one. My other idea is to access the uploaded files through WebDAV or use the Open In MS Office menu, but it's limited to IE only. This way you could edit the documents with the desktop applications.

Cheers,
Vilmos
thumbnail
Abhed Dekavadiya, modifié il y a 9 années.

Junior Member Publications: 74 Date d'inscription: 05/10/10 Publications récentes
Hello Jens,

I think you are looking for a document editor on web application, same as the Google Docs have. If yes, then I am also looking for such an editor.
The one comes with Liferay is more of a HTML content editor, mainly designed for writing web/HTML contents from a web application.

Did you have any luck with finding Google Docs like editor for web application? I am not sure, but the Editor is the heart of Google Docs business, and Google might not have make it available for free (Open use or Open source).

regards,
Abhed