Forums de discussion

After upgrading from Liferay CE GA2 to GA3 non-admins missing control panel

thumbnail
Blake Jones, modifié il y a 10 années.

After upgrading from Liferay CE GA2 to GA3 non-admins missing control panel

Junior Member Publications: 39 Date d'inscription: 17/08/12 Publications récentes
I recently upgraded Liferay CE 6.1.1 GA2 to Liferay CE 6.1.2 GA3.

I made a full tar backup of the OLD LIFERAY, and backed up the old liferay database.

I Copied the portal-ext.properties file & data directory from the old Liferay to the new GA3

Everything appeared to work fine at first, however non-Admin Portal users "regular users" can NOT access their control panel.

When trying to access to the control panel from a regular user we get the following error message "NOT FOUND" "The requested resource was not found". http://testliferay.emacinc.com:8080/group/control_panel?doAsGroupId=11120&refererPlid=11143

I can access the control panel fine from a Administrator account.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue? I'm assuming this is a security or permission issue?
Artur Korol, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: After upgrading from Liferay CE GA2 to GA3 non-admins missing control p

Junior Member Publications: 96 Date d'inscription: 02/03/09 Publications récentes
I have exactly the same issue.

Any ideas how to solve the issue?
Timo Kurowski, modifié il y a 10 années.

Regular Member Publications: 240 Date d'inscription: 24/06/13 Publications récentes
I had a similar Problem.

It was caused by the new Liferay Instance using other Id's, but somehow because of the Import, used the old Links. So the links where wrong.

Maybe this is your probem, too?

Junior Member Publications: 96 Date d'inscription: 02/03/09 Publications récentes
The same link works for Portal Admin - so it is not the reason.

I checked new Liferay GA3 (not upgraded) - just fresh install. And normal user can access Control Panel.
thumbnail

Junior Member Publications: 39 Date d'inscription: 17/08/12 Publications récentes
I agree that a NEW CLEAN INSTALLATION is the best solution at this point.

I also agree the root cause of the issue that both of us encountered was due to Group ID's and PLID's dynamically changing after or during the upgrade.

Portal Admins can access the control panel, however regular users get an error message "Not Found" and "The requested resource was not found"

I compared the Power User Permissions of a NEW CLEAN INSTALLATION of Liferay Portal 6.1.2 GA3 compared to an UPGRADED version of Liferay Portal 6.1.2 GA3 and found these differences.

UPGRADED GA2 to GA3 "Power User" has 55 permissions set.

NEW CLEAN INSTALLATION of Liferay Portal 6.1.2 GA3 "Power User" has 137 permissions set

the "verify.frequency=-1" in the portal-ext.properties solution did NOT work for me, and actually broke my working instance of Liferay, the startup script wouldn't complete.

We are not the only people who have encountered this issue below are a few links related to this issue:

https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/27968435

https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-39712

https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-29358

https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-36043

https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-39712?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:changehistory-tabpanel

This is a known bug and I have yet to find a solution other than A NEW CLEAN INSTALLATION.

If you have a previous version of Liferay that you need to UPGRADE FROM:

1. Log in as a Portal Admin
2. Go to your Control Panel
3. Write down the name of all of your Sites.
4. Navigate to each site, and manually EXPORT the content i.e. Documents and Media, Wikis, Blogs, Web Content.
5. Install a NEW CLEAN VERSION of LIFERAY
6. Manually Re-CREATE each site, with new users, assign memberships to sites the way they were before.
7. Manually Import the site content in each corresponding site.

That was just a brief description of how to Manually Re-Create Sites, Users, and Content I had to do this before, It takes careful planning and time.

Just remember to backup your Liferay Bundle, Liferay DATABASE, and if possible keep your existing Liferay installed and running while installing a new version of liferay on a separate machine in parallel that way you can Match Up Users, Sites, Content, and have the NEW CLEAN INSTALL identical to what it was before.
thumbnail
Zsigmond Rab, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 728 Date d'inscription: 05/01/10 Publications récentes
Hi,

is it possible that you have the same problem which is handled here: https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/30253042?

Regards,
Zsigmond
thumbnail

Zsigmond Rab,

I added the value:

verify.frequency=-1

to the /var/www/liferay-portal-6.1.2-ce-ga3/portal-ext.properties file before starting the server.

Then I tail -f catalina.out during the bootup and get several errors towards the end saying:

Stopping the server due to unexpected startup errors

I also tried adding the value after the server was started, then shutting down with the ./shutdown.sh script and removing the value still not working.

Am I doing something wrong?

The fix isn't working for me.

Also after attempting this fix, my /startup.sh script will not complete and keeps giving me an error saying:

Starting Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.1.2 CE (Paton / Build 6102 / August 2, 2013)
20:14:57,730 INFO [localhost-startStop-1][BaseDB:481] Database does not support case sensitive queries
20:14:58,085 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1][MainServlet:217] java.lang.IllegalStateException: The database contains changes from a previous upgrade attempt that failed. Please restore the old database and file system and retry the upgrade. A patch may be required if the upgrade failed due to a bug or an unforeseen data permutation that resulted from a corrupt database.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The database contains changes from a previous upgrade attempt that failed. Please restore the old database and file system and retry the upgrade. A patch may be required if the upgrade failed due to a bug or an unforeseen data permutation that resulted from a corrupt database.

at com.liferay.portal.tools.DBUpgrader._checkReleaseState(DBUpgrader.java:300)
at com.liferay.portal.tools.DBUpgrader.upgrade(DBUpgrader.java:136)
at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupAction.doRun(StartupAction.java:119)
at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupAction.run(StartupAction.java:50)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.processStartupEvents(MainServlet.java:1300)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.init(MainServlet.java:214)
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:160)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1280)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1088)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:5123)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5407)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:633)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:657)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1636)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
Stopping the server due to unexpected startup errors
I restored a BACKUP DB I created.

I can start up the SERVER again, however the REGULAR USER is still getting denied access to the CONTROL PANEL.

Any help would be awesome.

At this POINT We're about to Install a NEW CLEAN version of LIFERAY and lose all of our document history, revisions, etc.

Hope you can help....

I found following workaround.

Added Managed Pages permission for role Power User (see picture included).

Probably is possible to add other permission to have similar effect. This is maybe not solution for everyone as Power User gets more permission that they should - but as temporary solution should be OK. This is far less then full admin rights anyway.

Pièces jointes:

thumbnail

Artur Korol,

Thank you for the reply, this work around fixed the regular user access to control panel!

I'm still skeptical about keeping our UPGRADED VERSION of LIFERAY.

Is there any way to verify the UPGRADE was 100% successful without errors?

I can always tail -f catalina.out during start-up and view for any potential errors.

However ideally I would like to have confidence in knowing that the internal server side structure of the Liferay Portal 6.1.2 CE GA3 tomcat bundle is stable and secure.

Thank You everyone for the responses and replies.
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1228 Date d'inscription: 14/04/08 Publications récentes
Is there any way to verify the UPGRADE was 100% successful without errors?

The verify column has to be set to true for all rows and buildNumber to 6102 for record with Id=1 (for GA3 release).
thumbnail

Victor Zorin,

Thank you for your response, however that didn't help I checked the DB Table and all values were set to 1.

Thanks,

Blake Jones
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 1228 Date d'inscription: 14/04/08 Publications récentes
We have just finished migrating several fairly large systems from 5.2.1 to 6.1.2 GA3 and have had all errors mentioned in this and other related posts, including when user could not access My Account on Control Panel.

In upgraded system none of the users have 'User' role, only 'Power User'. Access to MyAccount was not allowed in a portal until the stage when we moved from permission algorithm from 5 to whatever in a portal, using Control Panel > Server Administration > Data Migration > Convert Legacy Permission Algorithm > Execute.

After the commenting out of 'permissions.user.check.algorithm=5' in portal-ext.properties and restart, MyAccount became available to every user, not just portal admin.
thumbnail

Victor Zorin,

Thank you for your most recent post.

I commented out the algorithm=6 setting in portal-ext.properties, and rebooted.

The Users' Control Panel is now available again!

Just want to Thank Everyone for Contributing and Commenting on This Forum Thread, this should prove be very useful with helping other Liferay Users.
thumbnail

Have discovered a slightly different behavior when migrating from V5 to V6:

For some users which had Community Administrator/ Community Owner roles in V5, liferay adds at least one more role (per site/community) in usergrouprole tables where unfortunately roleId=0.
As result of this behavior, Portal Administrator is unable to View/Edit details of these users, and those users themselves are not allowed access to 'MyAccount' area of Control Panel.

The workaround is:
run SQL: 'delete from UserGroupRole where roleId=0;', which is pretty safe.

Then, as Portal Admin:
1). go to Control Panel > Portal Settings > Users > Default User Associations,
2). Make sure that 'Power User' & 'User' roles are listed
3). Tick 'apply to existing users'
4). Click 'Save'

After this, Portal Admin is able to view/edit user details, and access to MyAccount for every user is also available.
thumbnail
Nicola De Venuto, modifié il y a 10 années.

Junior Member Publications: 75 Date d'inscription: 12/12/07 Publications récentes
Artur Korol:
I found following workaround.

Added Managed Pages permission for role Power User (see picture included).

Probably is possible to add other permission to have similar effect. This is maybe not solution for everyone as Power User gets more permission that they should - but as temporary solution should be OK. This is far less then full admin rights anyway.

Thanks it's ok
The problem is that "manage pages" is really dangerousemoticon, everybody can delete pages