Forums de discussion

Turkish language translation

thumbnail
Fehmi Can SAĞLAM, modifié il y a 14 années.

Turkish language translation

New Member Publications: 13 Date d'inscription: 12/05/09 Publications récentes
hi all,

we use Liferay as our intranet portal here in The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey. we have translated Language.properties into Turkish. unfortunately we didn't use the svn version but the 5.2.2 version. so it cannot be assumed as totally complete. as far as i know there isn't a Turkish community around Liferay. if it is possible to open a forum category in Turkish, we could lead and manage it.

language file is attached. thanks!

Pièces jointes:

thumbnail
Julio Camarero, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Turkish language translation

Liferay Legend Publications: 1668 Date d'inscription: 15/07/08 Publications récentes
Hi Fehmi,

We are glad of having a Turkish language translation emoticon.

In order to be able to add your work to Liferay, we need you to attach the language file to JIRA, where you can accept the contribution license. I recommend you to read this wiki article for
new translations where you will find all the information about it (Step 4 mainly).

I have also added your name to the Translation team (let me know if you have any problem with that, and by the way, could you reduce your image profile a little bit so that it is not bigger than the rest in this wiki page?).
From now on, you are the leader of the Turkish translation, and we will ask anybody who wants to contribute to this language to coordinate with you first, so that you can review his/her changes before they are committed.

It is very important that you subscribe to the Translations Category in this forum, so that we can communicate with you.

so, I will try to commit this language as soon as you upload your work to JIRA.

Thank you very much and Welcome!
thumbnail

hi,

thanks for your reply. i had opened a jira issue last week. (LPS-3365) but there was no reply yet.

btw i will do my best as the leader of the Turkish translation team.

thanks again for this great software!
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 1668 Date d'inscription: 15/07/08 Publications récentes
Ok Fehmi,

thank you very much, I will try to commit it today.
It's very important that once you open a JIRA ticket you comment it here, so that we can find it earlier.
We review all the opened tickets from time to time, so it will be much faster it you say it here.

Thank you again!
thumbnail

It's committed now.

Thank you very much for your nice work, Fehmi, it was really well done. emoticon

For next improvements to the translation, you don't have to send the language_tr.properties, we just need the language_tr.properties.native

Speak soon!
thumbnail

And I have also created a new category in the forums as you requested for Liferay in Turkish. I didn't know how to say "Liferay in Turkish" in Turkish, so, if you tell me I can change the name of the category.

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/category/3159556

Cheers!
thumbnail

Julio Camarero:
And I have also created a new category in the forums as you requested for Liferay in Turkish.

thank you very much!

Julio Camarero:
I didn't know how to say "Liferay in Turkish" in Turkish, so, if you tell me I can change the name of the category.

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/category/3159556

Cheers!

emoticon Liferay in Turkish is "Liferay Türkçe" in Turkish.

we have also written a portal administrator/portlet developer guide in Turkish. i will post it to that category.
thumbnail

ok, I renamed the category emoticon
safa ata, modifié il y a 14 années.

New Member Publications: 8 Date d'inscription: 02/09/08 Publications récentes
Hi Can,

Thanks for translating turkish. I tried to put language files on portal-impl.jar as documented.. When I changed the language to turkish only %40 or 50 translated in the page..

such as Look and feel still same not changed to the Görünüş vss..

have you any idea ?

what is the easiest way to change language file without playing with jars.

BC
thumbnail
ilke Muhtaroglu, modifié il y a 14 années.

Regular Member Publications: 226 Date d'inscription: 12/05/09 Publications récentes
Selam,

I face the same problem :

Although half of the page is translated to turkish, we still dont have a full translation for the site. This is not directly related with the transtlation file; since the number of lines in the turkish tranlation and the english match. So from ourt first observation I can say all is translated for turkish but not everything looks like to be covered through Liferay Itself !

By the way when I start the my liferay which I generated through ext environment It works...

I checked the Language_tr.properties.native but looks like no problem appears there...

Any news or progres at your point ?

ilke