Forums de discussion

Activities not showing activities!!

Marcos Laurito, modifié il y a 10 années.

Activities not showing activities!!

Junior Member Publications: 99 Date d'inscription: 18/04/13 Publications récentes
I've an organization that has a site. It has many members. This site has a blog, a document library, etc.. Also in the private pages of this users they have the Activities portlet.
The problem is when someone makes a change in the site (for example new blog entry created o document uploaded to library) the members of this site are not seeing anything in their activities portlet!
thumbnail
Vicki Lea Tsang, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: Activities not showing activities!!

Junior Member Publications: 49 Date d'inscription: 18/04/11 Publications récentes
Hi Marcos,

Please could you give me some more details about your environment - for example, what version of LR Portal and Social Office are you using. Also, what app server are you using? Is the site associated with the organization a portal or social office site? When you mention the activities feed in the user private pages, are you referring to the Social office Dashboard?

Thanks, Vicki

Junior Member Publications: 99 Date d'inscription: 18/04/13 Publications récentes
Yes.
Liferay Portal 6.1 and Social Office 2.0.
It's the Tomcat bundle version.
What do you mean if the site is a portal or a social office site? If you are talking about the theme, it has the social office theme associated.
I dont know the name of the portlet but it's title says "Activities". I don't know if it's the same as Social Office Dashboard...

Thanks in advance

I'm suspecting that the problem is the Social Relation between users. The Activities portlet is not showing anything unless the users have a Social Relation. Is this correct?
I dont understand why is this, i suppose that if you are a member of a website you should receive Activities updtes even if you don't have a relation with the user that has updated the site... That why the Activities portlet has the tabs "Conections" "Following" "My Sites" ...
The logic says that a user that is member of a site, need to know when that site has some activitie (for example another member added a blog entry, etc...) without the need to have a Social Relation with all the other members of the site...
Is this posible? Is this really the way that the activities portlet should work??
thumbnail
James Falkner, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1399 Date d'inscription: 17/09/10 Publications récentes
Marcos Laurito:
I'm suspecting that the problem is the Social Relation between users. The Activities portlet is not showing anything unless the users have a Social Relation. Is this correct?
I dont understand why is this, i suppose that if you are a member of a website you should receive Activities updtes even if you don't have a relation with the user that has updated the site... That why the Activities portlet has the tabs "Conections" "Following" "My Sites" ...
The logic says that a user that is member of a site, need to know when that site has some activitie (for example another member added a blog entry, etc...) without the need to have a Social Relation with all the other members of the site...
Is this posible? Is this really the way that the activities portlet should work??

I believe the Activities portlet behaves differently depending on which page it is placed. So if you are viewing the Activities portlet on your personal profile Dashboard page (e.g. /web/james.falkner/so/profile), and you click the 'My Sites' tab, it'll only show you activities on your sites from those you have connected with. If you visit the Activities portlet on your personal dashboard (NOT on your profile page, e.g. /user/james.falkner/so/dashboard) then the 'My Sites' tab will show all activities on all of your sites, regardless of connection status.

James Falkner:
Marcos Laurito:

I believe the Activities portlet behaves differently depending on which page it is placed. So if you are viewing the Activities portlet on your personal profile Dashboard page (e.g. /web/james.falkner/so/profile), and you click the 'My Sites' tab, it'll only show you activities on your sites from those you have connected with. If you visit the Activities portlet on your personal dashboard (NOT on your profile page, e.g. /user/james.falkner/so/dashboard) then the 'My Sites' tab will show all activities on all of your sites, regardless of connection status.

First of all thank you very much for your help.

After i read what you say i've checked and my problem is in the personal dashboard not in personal profile.
What do you mean by "then the 'My Sites' tab will show all activities on all of your sites, regardless of connection status"? All activities in all MY sites? Is that mean that i have to be the owner of the site or just by being member of the site i should see the activities? My problem is still here, the members of the site are not vewing anything in their personal dashboard (/so/dashboard) even when there have been activities on the sites they are member of...
thumbnail

Junior Member Publications: 49 Date d'inscription: 18/04/11 Publications récentes
Hi Marcos,

Any chance of you sending a screenshot of what you are seeing? I think what James meant by "regardless of connection status" was that you would see the activities of all the members of all the sites you have joined, regardless of the personal connections you may have established individually through "Connecting" in the contacts center.

Cheers, Vicki

Vicki Lea Tsang:
Hi Marcos,

Any chance of you sending a screenshot of what you are seeing? I think what James meant by "regardless of connection status" was that you would see the activities of all the members of all the sites you have joined, regardless of the personal connections you may have established individually through "Connecting" in the contacts center.

Cheers, Vicki

That is exactly what i'm talking about. My users dont see the activities of any site they have joined...
No problem with the screenshot but you'll only see the empty Activities Portlet on it...
thumbnail

Hmmm, interesting.

Which exact version of LR 6.1 are you using? Is it 6.1.20 or higher?

If you connect/follow someone through the Contacts portlet and they perform an activity, do you see those activities?

Cheers, Vicki

Vicki Lea Tsang:
Hmmm, interesting.

Which exact version of LR 6.1 are you using? Is it 6.1.20 or higher?

If you connect/follow someone through the Contacts portlet and they perform an activity, do you see those activities?

Cheers, Vicki

My version is Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.1.1 CE GA2 (Paton / Build 6101 / July 31, 2012).

I can test connecting with someone but the odd thing is that the admin user of the site can see his and others activities. The other members of the site that are non-admin can't see any activities...
Joel Pattij, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 26/04/13 Publications récentes
Do you already have an answer on your issue? I am facing the same issue whereby we can not see the activities that are logged on other sites but within the same portal. We only see the activities that take place within the site where the activity portlet is placed.
Thanks.

Joel P:
Do you already have an answer on your issue? I am facing the same issue whereby we can not see the activities that are logged on other sites but within the same portal. We only see the activities that take place within the site where the activity portlet is placed.
Thanks.

No, i didnt get an answer. Its strange, for some organizations this thing is working ok for me, but for others is not working...
Joel P, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 26/04/13 Publications récentes
Can somebody please help us out. This is an urgent issue as we have just launched a platform whereby this is a crucial tool that we need to use.
thumbnail

Joel P:
Thanks.

Hi Joel,

The current intended behavior of Activities in SO, is that it will only show activities for the site in which it is placed. If, however, the Activities feed is placed on the User's Dashboard, it should show an aggregated view of all the sites that person is a member of (plus connections etc). Is this what you are observing?

Cheers, Vicki