Forums de discussion

Liferay Faces 3.1.3 issue with Richfaces

Christophe Noel, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Faces 3.1.3 issue with Richfaces

Junior Member Publications: 99 Date d'inscription: 28/09/12 Publications récentes
Hello,

I cannot solve this issue: in the jsFunction, the onComplete "alert" method is called twice when I have a second RF portlet. I have tested with both RF 4.3.2 and RF 4.3.4.
The only particularity is that I'm using Liferay 6.1.2 GA3 with Liferay Faces Bridge 3.1.3-ga4.

Note off course that the jsFunction is called only once.

Is it a known issue or would you have any tips in order to clarify the root cause ? It seems it is due to the Faces bridge.

Thanks for your help.

RE: Liferay Faces 3.1.3 issue with Richfaces

Junior Member Publications: 99 Date d'inscription: 28/09/12 Publications récentes
Note that if you have 3 portlets (including RF), you will have 3 times the onComplete method called !
thumbnail
Vernon Singleton, modifié il y a 10 années.

Expert Publications: 315 Date d'inscription: 14/01/13 Publications récentes
Christophe Noel:
Note that if you have 3 portlets (including RF), you will have 3 times the onComplete method called !

Hi Christophe,

We would love to help you with this issue. So, could you try either this procedure here for generating a richfaces portlet using mvn archetype generate or this procedure here (except create a richfaces portlet instead of a primefaces portlet).

Then you will be able to help us reproduce your issue more easily, so that we can fix it for you.

Hello,

The issue is reproductible using the Richfaces4 Demo Portlet from Liferay Faces, when applying the following code modifications in Applicant.xhtml (line 98):
  • add "oncomplete=alert('test')" to show the oncomplete call
  • Use an action method with no outcome to avoid navigation rule: action="#{applicantBackingBean.deleteUploadedFile(null)}"

Then deploy multiple Richfaces 4 portlet instance on a page and submit a form.
You will receive alert message as many times as your portlet numbers.

This was tested on Liferay 6.1.2 GA3.

This always occurs when you have multiple richfaces portlet on the same page. Would you have any workaround or fix for this bug ?

Thanks a lot for your support.
thumbnail

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for following up and trying to help us reproduce this issue.

I just tried this on my 6.1.2 GA3 install. I added the following line in the applicant.xhtml at line 99:
<a4j:commandbutton action="#{applicantBackingBean.deleteUploadedFile(null)}" execute="@form" render="@all" value="#{i18n['confirmation']}" onclick="alert('test')" />

But, I am only getting one alert message when I click this button, but i have 3 of these richfaces4-portlet(s) on the page.

Is that close to the test case you are using?

- Vernon

Hello Vernon,

Thank you very much for your support.
The issue really occurs when using the "oncomplete" attribute, and you used the onclick attribute.

Could you please investigate again ?

Vernon Singleton:

I just tried this on my 6.1.2 GA3 install. I added the following line in the applicant.xhtml at line 99:
<a4j:commandbutton action="#{applicantBackingBean.deleteUploadedFile(null)}" execute="@form" render="@all" value="#{i18n['confirmation']}" onclick="alert('test')" />

I
- Vernon
thumbnail

Hi Christophe,

I was just now able to get back to this today.
And I have reproduced the issue, but
I am going to need to do further testing in order to figure this one out.

- Vernon
thumbnail

Vernon Singleton:
And I have reproduced the issue, but ...
Hi Christophe,

I was finally able to get back to this today, but i have to retract my previous statement. I am NOT able to reproduce the issue as you have described.

However, do you have "layout.parallel.render.enable=false" in your portal properties? It is true by default. Or do you have p_p_parallel=0 in your urls?

- Vernon
thumbnail

Hi Christophe,

Do you have "layout.parallel.render.enable=false" in your portal properties?
It is true by default. Or do you have p_p_parallel=0 in any of the urls used in this issue?

- Vernon

Hello Vernon,

Thanks for your help, but as you see, the issue occurs on default liferay, using Richfaces4 Demo Portlet, so no properties modified. I don't know why you couldn't reproduce, because everybody here got the issue.

Now, we on phase 2 of the project, and we definetly moved to PrimeFaces that we feel higher stable than Richfaces 4 for our development of Liferay JSF portlet.

Thanks a lot for you support.

Christophe.

Christophe Noel:

Hi Christophe,

We would love to help you with this issue. So, could you try either this procedure here for generating a richfaces portlet using mvn archetype generate or this procedure here (except create a richfaces portlet instead of a primefaces portlet).

Then you will be able to help us reproduce your issue more easily, so that we can fix it for you.
thumbnail

Hi Christophe,

In your previous post, did you mean to provide me with an update regarding parallel rendering?