Forums de discussion

Asset Publisher - Initialize folder when adding documents and media

Eric Smith, modifié il y a 10 années.

Asset Publisher - Initialize folder when adding documents and media

Junior Member Publications: 66 Date d'inscription: 28/08/12 Publications récentes
I'm interested in a configuration setting in asset publishers (specific to each asset publisher instance) that allows you to set the base folder location documents are uploaded to when they're added to an asset publisher.

Here are some more details of what we would like to do and why:

We have a portal with numerous asset publishers, likely around 50. I'm concerned that users who upload content will not modify the Folder field when uploading files. After time this will result in thousands of files in the base directory of "Documents and Media". The base directory will become cluttered and unmanageable.

To avoid this issue, I would like to configure the asset publishers with a base directory. Each asset publisher would then be configured to have a different base directory, or at least be configured to use a base directory according to the section of the site. By doing so, the base directory of "Documents and Media" will not become cluttered.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: Asset Publisher - Initialize folder when adding documents and media

Liferay Legend Publications: 2871 Date d'inscription: 31/08/06 Publications récentes
Interesting. The challenge of course is that not all asset types have a concept of folders. But if we limit this setting to show up when an specific asset type with folder support is selected then I can see it working.

I imagine this working the same way it works with tags and categories, when Asset Publisher filters by a tag/category any content created by it will automatically be assigned that tag/category.

Would you mind adding a Feature Request through the Community Ideas page? Once you have done it, paste it here and in any other place where you think you can reach other users interested in the feature. The more votes it gets the more likely it will be implemented emoticon
Eric Smith, modifié il y a 10 années.

Junior Member Publications: 66 Date d'inscription: 28/08/12 Publications récentes
No problem Jorge.

If you think this would be a useful feature, please vote for it: https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-44169
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2871 Date d'inscription: 31/08/06 Publications récentes
Voted!

Thanks Eric emoticon
Midhun Kumar, modifié il y a 6 années.

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 22/08/16 Publications récentes
Hi,
I have a very similar requirement and did not find any suitable solutions.
Did you get any solution ??