Forums de discussion

Is it possible to customize Media Gallery Portlet

thumbnail
Chitra Thambirajan, modifié il y a 10 années.

Is it possible to customize Media Gallery Portlet

Junior Member Publications: 67 Date d'inscription: 17/10/13 Publications récentes
Hi All,

Am using Liferay CE 6.1.2 my requirements are,
The below requirements are important and I need to solve these ASAP..
Please help me to solve this...

1. When we are uploading our images into media gallery and adding this portlet into the page,it should show the latest updated file first.
Currently it is showing the image folders in Alphabetical order..Is it possible to change this..

2. Is it possible to change the size of folders which is displaying in media gallery....?
Default is thumbnail view with the large folder icon..Is it possible to change this to list view..

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks in advance
Chitra..
thumbnail

RE: Is it possible to customize Media Gallery Portlet

Junior Member Publications: 67 Date d'inscription: 17/10/13 Publications récentes
These many views..but no reply from anyone... emoticon
No one knows the answer...
thumbnail
Zsigmond Rab, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 728 Date d'inscription: 05/01/10 Publications récentes
Hi Chitra,

sorry about that but I don't remember all of the configuration possibilities of that portlet. However, you can check. If you cannot find any possibility to change the behavior in that way you need, then it's possible to do only with some customization.

Regards,
Zsigmond
thumbnail
Dhrutika Vyas, modifié il y a 10 années.

Expert Publications: 435 Date d'inscription: 09/02/09 Publications récentes
Hi Chitra,

I have checked your issue with 6.2 version as I didn't had 6.1 setup running.

But just check if it is same way implementation is there for 6.1

Upload image in document Libraray using Image type.
Use Asset publisher configuration to filter document based on Image subtype
Use table view for display settings
Use order by display date or modified date based on your requirement.

Let me know if you have any question.

Regards,
Dhrutika
thumbnail

Hi Dhrutika,

Thanks for your reply..
And I don't know how to upload a image using image document type.Please advice me how to do this..

Thanks
Chitra
Paul Allain, modifié il y a 9 années.

Junior Member Publications: 77 Date d'inscription: 03/09/13 Publications récentes
Hello,

I have been looking into the media gallery portlet and it looks very limited and best for internal use not for a public gallery as it has all these artefacts that are not relevant for a public audience where one needs a clean grid of images with a carousel that actually works.

At the moment my perceived solution is to use a third party lightbox framework and use a single web content portlet per image, wasteful but necessary in my opinion (so far). Then you'd have full control over the order in which to display your images.

Paul
shima shima, modifié il y a 9 années.

Junior Member Publications: 46 Date d'inscription: 14/04/14 Publications récentes
hiiiii
I dont use media gallery to show images .my Repository is document and media and my displayer is asset publisher but I could not fetch image url or files in ADT of asset publisher.would you please help me....
big thanks for your attention