Forums de discussion

Unable to connect to Marketplace through control panel

thumbnail
Mandy Lee, modifié il y a 10 années.

Unable to connect to Marketplace through control panel

New Member Publications: 12 Date d'inscription: 22/06/10 Publications récentes
Moving discussion here to the Marketplace category...

Here is the description of the issue. Please go to the original post to see the screenshots, or maybe Blake can upload them again to this thread.

I also have Liferay 6.2.0 CE GA1 with Social Office 3.0 CE installed. (seemed to install fine without error)

I click "Control Panel"

Then I click "Apps"

Then I click "Store"

The progress spins for a while

and eventually I get an error message that says "Could not connect to the Liferay Marketplace"

I have attached images below.

Any help or fixes on this would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

Also catalina.out is not giving any warnings, information, or errors about this

I'm also verbosely following the catalina log with the following command

tail -f /var/www/liferay-portal-6.2.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.42/logs/catalina.out

Hi Blake,

I think that you might be having a connectivity issue with Marketplace. I noticed that after you clicked on "Store", you only get the progress wheel that leads directly to the error message. Can you confirm whether you are or are not able see the log in fields at all?
thumbnail
Blake Jones, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: Unable to connect to Marketplace through control panel

Junior Member Publications: 39 Date d'inscription: 17/08/12 Publications récentes
Mandy Lee,

Thank you very much for responding to my question.

I also have Liferay 6.2.0 CE GA1 with Social Office 3.0 CE installed. (seemed to install fine without error)

I click "Control Panel"

Then I click "Apps"

Then I click "Store"

The progress spins for a while

and eventually I get an error message that says "Could not connect to the Liferay Marketplace"

I have attached images below.

Any help or fixes on this would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

Also catalina.out is not giving any warnings, information, or errors about this

I'm also verbosely following the catalina log with the following command

tail -f /var/www/liferay-portal-6.2.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.42/logs/catalina.out[
/font]
thumbnail
Blake Jones, modifié il y a 10 années.

Junior Member Publications: 39 Date d'inscription: 17/08/12 Publications récentes
Mandy Lee:

Hi Blake,

I think that you might be having a connectivity issue with Marketplace. I noticed that after you clicked on "Store", you only get the progress wheel that leads directly to the error message. Can you confirm whether you are or are not able see the log in fields at all?

Mandy Lee,

That's a great question, I'm glad you asked. The answer to your question is No I never actually see the log in fields.

Any help, fixes, or solutions, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for responding to my post
thumbnail
Krzysztof Gołębiowski, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 549 Date d'inscription: 25/06/11 Publications récentes
Liferay marketplace portlet is generally a big IFrame in your control Panel with some javascript including lots of iframe send/receive message calls. You need to have an access from your browser to https://mp.liferay.com, and your browser cannot block cross-domains iframe communication (I remember some IEs do this). First check if you can access mp.liferay.com from your client and server machine, then go to Control Panel and see with you browser's Developer Tools (Firebug etc.) what happens in Network log - when it is ok, you should see lot of requests loaded from mp.liferay.com and other Liferay domains (cdn and so on).
thumbnail
Blake Jones, modifié il y a 9 années.

Krzysztof Gołębiowski:
Liferay marketplace portlet is generally a big IFrame in your control Panel with some javascript including lots of iframe send/receive message calls. You need to have an access from your browser to https://mp.liferay.com, and your browser cannot block cross-domains iframe communication (I remember some IEs do this). First check if you can access mp.liferay.com from your client and server machine, then go to Control Panel and see with you browser's Developer Tools (Firebug etc.) what happens in Network log - when it is ok, you should see lot of requests loaded from mp.liferay.com and other Liferay domains (cdn and so on).

Krzysztof Gołębiowski,

Thank you very much for your response it was intuitive and helpful. I successfully accessed Marketplace from another browser, I used I.E. and could access it through control panel.

In firefox I took your advice and opened firebug and viewed the network log, and realized that some prerequisite scripts weren't completing fast enough before the next script was called, causing firefox to timeout.

I had to completely UN-install firefox and RE-install firefox to resolve the issue.

Thanks for helping me solve this issue.

Respectfully,

Blake Jones
thumbnail
Krzysztof Gołębiowski, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 549 Date d'inscription: 25/06/11 Publications récentes
I'm glad I could help you, thanks for your feedback. There are a lot of people in the forum recently that post question, get the answer and give no feedback :/

Regards,
KG
Sujay C N, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 05/05/14 Publications récentes
Krzysztof Golebiowski:
I'm glad I could help you, thanks for your feedback. There are a lot of people in the forum recently that post question, get the answer and give no feedback :/

Regards,
KG

Hi,

I'm also facing the same issue with market place is unable to download. It will open the pop-up and it will ask for the sign to account when I click on the store or plugins tab but when I click on update nothing is happening it will asking for the same update screen again and again.

Please help me out in this issue. I tried the solution provided by this blog but nothing worked for me.

I have attached error file with this post.

Pièces jointes:

thumbnail
Krzysztof Gołębiowski, modifié il y a 9 années.

If you cannot update Marketplace via Marketplace emoticon then try to install it manually from https://www.liferay.com/marketplace/download.

Regards,
KG
thumbnail
Moisés Belda, modifié il y a 5 années.

Junior Member Publications: 75 Date d'inscription: 20/04/13 Publications récentes
Krzysztof Gołębiowski:
If you cannot update Marketplace via Marketplace emoticon then try to install it manually from https://www.liferay.com/marketplace/download.

Regards,
KG

Although this is an old issue, it's still happens with the marketplace plugin included by default in the last liferay 6.2 bundle (GA6), even if you configure the current browsers to accept "unsafe" mixed content.... I replied the thread just to confirm that updating liferay marketplace plugin manually (through the url commented by Krzysztof) to the last version works. The old version included in the last CE bundle doesn't work in Chrome, Safari and Firefox (IE not tested) so you have to upgrade liferay marketplace if you want to use it in liferay 6.2 CE.

Regards.