Forums de discussion

Add Social office Only for one site in Liferay?

Arun R S Chandran, modifié il y a 10 années.

Add Social office Only for one site in Liferay?

Regular Member Publications: 149 Date d'inscription: 12/03/13 Publications récentes
Hi Everyone,
I was trying to create a new site in Liferay. Also I want to add the social office in that site alone. But when I installed Liferay, It's affecting the whole portal. I don't want to have the social office applied to all sites in the portal. I want to add it only for the sites which I want to have the social office facility.

How can I do it from control pannel?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Arun R S
thumbnail
Jeffrey Handa, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: Add Social office Only for one site in Liferay?

Liferay Master Publications: 541 Date d'inscription: 01/12/08 Publications récentes
Hi Arun,

What version of Liferay and Social Office are you trying to use?

Regular Member Publications: 149 Date d'inscription: 12/03/13 Publications récentes
Liferay 6.2 and Social office 2.0
thumbnail
Jeffrey Handa, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: Add Social office Only for one site in Liferay? (Réponse)

Liferay Master Publications: 541 Date d'inscription: 01/12/08 Publications récentes
Hi Arun,

If you're on Liferay 6.2, is there any reason you are still using Social Office 2? Social Office 3 came out in February and has many improvements. I don't have Social Office 2 available to test on 6.2, but with Social Office 3 the process is to navigate to the Control Panel, select Sites and then select Add. From the Add menu select Default Social Office Site, supply the name and description and then select Save.

One thing to note, if you install Social Office 2.0 CE on a fresh portal instance you will see the Social Office welcome theme so it may look like the whole portal is using Social Office. To learn more about this check out the Social Office User Guide [2.0] [3.0]

Jeffrey Handa:
Hi Arun,

If you're on Liferay 6.2, is there any reason you are still using Social Office 2? Social Office 3 came out in February and has many improvements. I don't have Social Office 2 available to test on 6.2, but with Social Office 3 the process is to navigate to the Control Panel, select Sites and then select Add. From the Add menu select Default Social Office Site, supply the name and description and then select Save.

One thing to note, if you install Social Office 2.0 CE on a fresh portal instance you will see the Social Office welcome theme so it may look like the whole portal is using Social Office. To learn more about this check out the Social Office User Guide [2.0] [3.0]

Jeffrey,
Thank you for your clearer answer. I was installed Liferay 6.2 and social office 2 months back. I believe now it's time to migrate to Social Office 3.

Thank you for the kind information.
thumbnail
Vicki Lea Tsang, modifié il y a 10 années.

Junior Member Publications: 49 Date d'inscription: 18/04/11 Publications récentes
Hi Arun,

Social Office 3.0 is the only fully compatible version with LR 6.2, so hopefully once you install the new version you will have a better experience.

Social Office is a plugin that will convert your current user public and user private pages into Social Office collaboration dashboard and profile sites for users that have been assigned the Social Office role. Current sites should not be impacted by Social Office, however Social Office users (those assigned the role) will be able to view the Social Office user bar across the portal which will help them navigate to their own Social Office sites and pages.

We recommend that users create Social Office sites from the GoTo dropdown in the user bar. Simply click on the search box and then the Add site button. This will ensure that the site is automatically set up with the correct template and adapter. Regular portal sites can still be created by the usual means in the control panel.

If you find that, after upgrade, Social Office is still not meeting your needs, we would be grateful if you could give us more information about what you are trying to achieve so that we might understand your use case better.

Best Wishes, Vicki

Vicki Lea Tsang:
Hi Arun,

Social Office 3.0 is the only fully compatible version with LR 6.2, so hopefully once you install the new version you will have a better experience.

Social Office is a plugin that will convert your current user public and user private pages into Social Office collaboration dashboard and profile sites for users that have been assigned the Social Office role. Current sites should not be impacted by Social Office, however Social Office users (those assigned the role) will be able to view the Social Office user bar across the portal which will help them navigate to their own Social Office sites and pages.

We recommend that users create Social Office sites from the GoTo dropdown in the user bar. Simply click on the search box and then the Add site button. This will ensure that the site is automatically set up with the correct template and adapter. Regular portal sites can still be created by the usual means in the control panel.

If you find that, after upgrade, Social Office is still not meeting your needs, we would be grateful if you could give us more information about what you are trying to achieve so that we might understand your use case better.

Best Wishes, Vicki

Vicki,
Thank you for sharing the knowledge. I'll upgrade to social office 3 and will do the stuffs required. Happy to use this product. Thanks a lot for your valuable contribution to my question.

Thanks,
Arun