Forums de discussion

Upgrade EXT to EXT Plugin

thumbnail
Junaida Sulaiman, modifié il y a 9 années.

Upgrade EXT to EXT Plugin

New Member Publications: 14 Date d'inscription: 27/05/14 Publications récentes
We are currently trying to upgrade 5.2 to 6.0, hence the upgrade to ext plugins.

we have followed the steps written here:
http://www.liferay.com/web/edward.shin/blog/-/blogs/upgrading-your-ext-environment-to-an-ext-plugin

We managed to create the output plugin, name plugin-ext.

We also have succeed the build-services and build-db but when we tried to deploy, the error return is: (see attachment error_01.jpg)

We have added several jar files inside the ext-lib (see attachment error_03.jpg)

We are now clamped because we dont really know how to solve this.

Help?

Thanks.

(apology for the bad english)
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: Upgrade EXT to EXT Plugin

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
First it appears that you're going to 6.2, not 6.0 (yes there is a difference).

Second, the migration from 5 is going to take more than just changing the ext environ to an ext plugin. Code has changed, etc., and you need to go back and address all of the code failures. Along these lines you must also realize that once the syntax errors are resolved does not mean that you will be bug free and will still require testing and recoding.

Also you should be aware that you may need to go back and change/fix your jsp and javascript code as the jsp will not report the same sorts of compile errors that java code will, and for javascript the underlying JS framework change from jQuery to AUI will also introduce changes that you may not be ready for.

It's more work, but you're better off carving the non-extension stuff out of the ext environment and into their own plugins (especially hooks and portlets). You may find that you might not even need the ext environment/plugin anymore. The separate plugins will help to isolate coding issues allowing you to get those that do not require code changes deployed to 6.2 sooner rather than one big ext plugin rollout.
thumbnail
Junaida Sulaiman, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Publications: 14 Date d'inscription: 27/05/14 Publications récentes
Hi,

thanks for the reply.

I have corrected the version and also the library use. We are upgrading to liferay 6.0.6

I have converted our customize ext environment (liferay 5.2) to ext plugins.

During the build-service process of the ext plugin, we now receive error on:

[java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Implementing class
[java] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
[java] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
[java] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
[java] at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
[java] at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
[java] at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
[java] at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
[java] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
[java] at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
[java] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
[java] at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
[java] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
[java] at com.liferay.portal.tools.servicebuilder.ServiceBuilder.main(ServiceBuilder.java:108)
[java] Java Result: 1

[java] at com.liferay.portal.tools.servicebuilder.ServiceBuilder.main(ServiceBuilder.java:108)

I found that the above line is from portal-impl.jar inside the liferay-portal-6.0.6

I have removed all our customize classes inside the ext-plugin and leave only the ext-lib then build-service to see whether our classes is the caused of the error. But i still received the same "IncompatibleClassChangeError"

Can you help me, what might trigger this error? I have removed all my classes, so i really dont know which part that is not incompatible.

Thanks.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
This is a core java exception defined in the language spec. Basically you're trying to do something like change 'static' on a field from the original, class changed to interface or vice versa, ...