Forums de discussion

EXT plugin issues?

thumbnail
Andew Jardine, modifié il y a 9 années.

EXT plugin issues?

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
Hey Guys,

Not often I wander into this area of Liferay but I am looking to solve something that is deep and required the use of an EXT plugin. I am using 6.2 CE GA2 and have the sdk installed, and the usual configurations in place such as my build.[username].properties. Other plugin types are working without issue so I think this is all good.

I have tried from both the command line and the IDE to create an EXT plugin, and while the project appears to create itself properly, when I try to do a deploy I have some strange results. The first one is an error --

... build-common.xml:620:  ... sdk/ext/i18n-virtualhost-ext/src does not exist.

If I add the src folder that it's complaining about (which I am pretty sure I am not supposed to do of course) then it will build, BUT... this is all the output I get...

Buildfile: ... sdk/ext/i18n-virtualhost-ext/build.xml

deploy:
      [jar] Building MANIFEST-only jar: ... sdk/dist/i18n-virtualhost-ext-6.2.1.war

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

... pretty sure that is not right. Also, although the war is created and dropped into sdk/dist... the deploy target is not copying it to the LIFERAY_HOME/deploy location. I realize that there is nothing there to deploy, but just thought I would mention it anyway.

Anyone have any ideas? or seen this?
thumbnail

RE: EXT plugin issues?

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
I have also tried a fresh install of the 6.2 sdk -- but the issue persists.
thumbnail
Moisés Belda, modifié il y a 9 années.

Junior Member Publications: 75 Date d'inscription: 20/04/13 Publications récentes
Hi Andrew!

Seems that ant scipts for deploying EXT plugin don't work for "deploy" target.

I think that src path isn't correct for deploy target with EXT plugin.

One workaround is:
- Create EXT PLUGIN
- ant clean
- ant compile
- ant war

And then, manually copy sdk/dist/*-ext.war to your deploy dir,

don't invoke "ant deploy" directly and don't create manually any src dir...

Hope it helps!
thumbnail

Hey Moises,

That does in fact work although what a pain in the ass. One more reason not to use EXT plugins I guess emoticon

Thanks!
thumbnail
Pugalendhi Radhakrishnan, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Publications: 14 Date d'inscription: 18/11/13 Publications récentes
Hi Andew Jardine,

Try "direct-deploy" option for deploying Ext it should work.