Forums de discussion

Best use of Caching in liferay

thumbnail
Mohammed Azam, modifié il y a 9 années.

Best use of Caching in liferay

Regular Member Publications: 159 Date d'inscription: 06/11/09 Publications récentes
Hi Team,

I have external system (webservice) which returns huge static data that I need to render in a page. what will be best solution in liferay that we need not have to make calls evetime and cache it one place and entire application can access it.

I can transform the response to JSON/ XML /Objects .

Currently I am planning to store on portletsession APPLICATION SCOPE . Need to know any other solution.

Thanks
thumbnail
Murali Krishna, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: Best use of Caching in liferay

Junior Member Publications: 47 Date d'inscription: 17/01/12 Publications récentes
HI Azam,

Look into MultiVmPool in liferay. http://www.apoorvaprakash.in/2012/03/liferay-cache-key-to-improve.html

Murali
thumbnail

Regular Member Publications: 159 Date d'inscription: 06/11/09 Publications récentes
Thanks Murali but looks like in 6.2 this feature could not be used. As MultiVmPool has no "put method"
thumbnail

RE: Best use of Caching in liferay (Réponse)

Hi I found the solution . Just refer WikiCacheUtil.java in liferay portal source .

The way liferay has implemented by creating object "_portalCache". and values being set to it. Will write a detailed steps and share it across emoticon

Thanks. emoticon
thumbnail

Hi The only problem that I am facing is the value is returning "null" after some time when the system is idle

How do we increase it to make the the value persists for longer time.

Thanks