Forums de discussion

to install liferay with minimal portlets

ll lll, modifié il y a 9 années.

to install liferay with minimal portlets

New Member Publications: 9 Date d'inscription: 24/05/14 Publications récentes
Hello,

i want to install liferay with only necessary portlets.

i know i have to put <inlude>false</include> in liferay-portlet.xml
but if i set "include false" for all the portlets , there are errors in liferay (control panel with errors for example)

is exists a list of necessary portlets to not remove ?
is exists a list of minimal portlets?

thanks
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: to install liferay with minimal portlets

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
No.

You should not be doing the "include" thing anyway. Just change the liferay-display.xml file to move the portlets to the hidden category. That way the code will still be in there for support purposes, but it will be excluded from the add menu.
ll lll, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Publications: 9 Date d'inscription: 24/05/14 Publications récentes
thanks for your response, but my goal is to minimize startup time
and to minimize memory size
thumbnail
Andew Jardine, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
You could probably comment out the portlet definitions for most of them. There are some core ones that you want to leave in even if you don't use them. Blogs, Wiki, Message Board and the Web Content ones but the ones like Calculator etc can probably be dumped. Or you could wait for Liferay v7 where you should be able to pick and choose your bundles! emoticon
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
The standards are to remove unused filters. The portlets do not impact memory usage; the only thing that will affect memory usage is if you place them on a page.

The startup is also not affected by the portlets; they do not introduce any additional 'startup time' impact and will not reduce the startup time by trying to take them out.
thumbnail
Andew Jardine, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
No argument here -- usually i just put the ones I don't want into a hidden category or use permissions to control the visibility. Besides, yo unever know when you might need a "Finance Calculator"! emoticon