Forums de discussion

multiple server with one database

shima shima, modifié il y a 9 années.

multiple server with one database

Junior Member Publications: 46 Date d'inscription: 14/04/14 Publications récentes
Hi, I'm stating with Liferay (6.2), I'm trying to have 3 site in 3 server but I want to have 1 Database for all of them ,I investigate about Sharding and Instance but they seems not usefull, Could you help me please?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: multiple server with one database

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
you are completely doing the wrong thing.

Either have 3 sites on 3 servers using 3 different databases, or you have one cluster of 3 nodes using 1 database and a vhost configuration.

But never ever do non-clustered instances use the same database.

Junior Member Publications: 46 Date d'inscription: 14/04/14 Publications récentes
thank u David emoticon
do u know I should have 3 server 2 for intranet and 1 for internet it is the force of employer! it is control physically I mean I could not solve this with Apachi server and control IP.
now I consider 3 same portal and 1 database and use 3 Apachi to control IP but the problem that will happen is when the admin in a portal update information it become cash so in another portal It could not shown, I have one admin in one portal for all 3 portal,would u help me to forbid information get cash,please
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
This will never work.

When you add, say, a user to the DB, the user also gets stored in the local cache.

When you have 3 non-clustered instances, the other two nodes do not get updated w/ the new user and therefore it is not available. You are left constantly rebuilding the search indices on all of the nodes to capture all of the new records that has been created.

It just won't work and Liferay wasn't designed to handle it. Your employer could mandate that your systems must run on old 286 hardware powered by hamsters running in little wheels, but that doesn't mean you will ever be able to deliver it.

thanks a lot David your guide is so useful emoticon