Forums de discussion

Plugin dependencies

Harrie Hazewinkel, modifié il y a 9 années.

Plugin dependencies

New Member Publications: 4 Date d'inscription: 01/03/13 Publications récentes
Hallo,

While staring liferay I see messages similar to the following in the logs.
2014-07-08 06:57:05,823 INFO [HotDeployEvent:130] Plugin calendar-portlet requires marketplace-portlet
I am using Liferay 6.2 CE.

How do I know what dependencies there are for plugins, especially, the standard Liferay plugins?
I noticed until now that Liferay seems to require the marketplace-portlet or resource-importer-web.
Therefore, is there a list of minimal required plugins for a Liferay installation?

Also, from a security point of view, why is the marketplace-portlet even required?

Harrie
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: Plugin dependencies

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
dependencies are defined in liferay-plugin-package.properties.

as to why a dependency is declared, normally as a developer I'd do it because some piece of functionality in my portlet depends on a piece of functionality from the dependent portlet, usually in the form of the services that it provides.
Harrie Hazewinkel, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Publications: 4 Date d'inscription: 01/03/13 Publications récentes
Hello,

I tried some time now working around it, but I understand that developers can define whichever dependency is needed.
However, I am still puzzle that it seems the deployment process depends on the market-place plugin as well the
resource-web-importer. That is something (I guess) Liferay developers should answer.

This is what I see in the log file..
2015-01-19 09:39:23,378 INFO [HotDeployEvent:130] Plugin portlet-does-not-matter requires marketplace-portlet
2015-01-19 09:39:23,389 INFO [HotDeployImpl:252] Queueing portlet-does-not-matter for deploy because it is missing marketplace-portlet
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Marketplace portlet is an automatic dependency of all plugins, even custom plugins. This was introduced in the first 6.2 release. Marketplace plugin must be there. Not my rules, mind you, it's Liferay's rules.