Forums de discussion

Usability and improvement ideas

Dennis Nes, modifié il y a 14 années.

Usability and improvement ideas

Junior Member Publications: 55 Date d'inscription: 23/09/09 Publications récentes
Hi,

I just downloaded SO, very good

There ist just one thing: After uploading a picture to the documents portlet, it is very hard to use this picture in a blog or in a wiki. You cannot directly choose it. You have to copy the link URL to the Picture-URL. I this should work easier.

BTW:
1. Please let the global search also cover emails, AFAIK this is not possible right now
2. It should be possible to choose email attachements from the documents portlet
3. It should be possible to save attachements to the document portlet
4. Please integrate SO better to the normal Portal , so dual use ist supported

Thank you!
Daniel Disisto, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Usability and improvement ideas

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 22/10/09 Publications récentes
I agree with your first point about linking between uploaded documents / images and blog, wiki, etc. I'd even go further and say that it should be easier to link any object (blog, wiki, forum thread, image, contact, etc) with any other. I might write a wiki or blog based on discussion that was had on a forum and want to link back to the source for example. It just doesn't feel 'integrated' when you need to stop and think about how to link it manually.

No comment on your other suggestions as I don't use those features (yet).
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Usability and improvement ideas

Expert Publications: 373 Date d'inscription: 27/08/04 Publications récentes
Hi Daniel,

I agree with you 110% on this one. It's been something we've had on our mental road map over the last year or so. It should make it into the next release of SO.