Forums de discussion

Improvements in Swedish translation

thumbnail
Jonas Liljenfeldt, modifié il y a 14 années.

Improvements in Swedish translation

New Member Publications: 6 Date d'inscription: 05/10/09 Publications récentes
I have made some improvents on the Swedish translation and will try to keep the Swedish translation updated. Since the former teamleader for the Swedish translation has shifted his focus from software development to boat development I'll take over the job. With that said, all help is of course appreciated and very welcome.

As a start I created a JIRA issue (http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-5271) in order to get the first improvements into trunk.
thumbnail
Julio Camarero, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Improvements in Swedish translation

Liferay Legend Publications: 1668 Date d'inscription: 15/07/08 Publications récentes
Hi Jonas,

thank you very much for your contribution! we have changed our workflow lately and we would need you to accept the contribution agreement in order to apply your contribution to the portal.

You will find how to do that once you click on "Contribute solution" in the ticket you created. Once you do that we will add your contribution to the official repository.

Thanks a lot Jonas! Welcome! emoticon
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 1668 Date d'inscription: 15/07/08 Publications récentes
I have also added you to the Translation Team!
thumbnail

Very good. Just one question:

I noticed there are new "automatic strings" in the language files. How are you supposed to easily keep the file updated when there is a long delay after I have made changes until they are comitted by someone else? During that period the file in the repository is likely to be updated and thus my file which I attach to the issue becomes outdated.
thumbnail

Hi Jonas,

we have been changing our workflow system and that is why it took us so long.... sorry about that... but it usually won't take us more than 2 days if you accept the contribution agreement and post a message here saying that you have already commited the file.

Regarding the keys with the chain "automatic string", that chain will only appear in the language_sv.properties.native. When we generate the language_sv.properties those won't be shown.

As we are working with patches, I will apply your patch now, and once you update you will just find some of your changes applied, but those which you have done after creating the patch will remain in your local copy, so, you can then send another patch if you feel like it that will contain only the new changes..... hope that helps...

Cheers!
thumbnail

Very nice Julio.

I diffed the current trunk version of Language_sv.properties.native and noticed one new "(Automatic copy)" string. I translated that one and attached one more diff file to the issue (http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-5271).
thumbnail

Thank you very much Jonas. I also committed that change.

Anyway, we don't need to have the translation completely updated everyday. These changes will go directly into 5.3 which will be released by the end of the year. Several weeks before releasing we will post a message in these forums encouraging all the translators to upload their changes to make sure they get into the release. However, you are free to upload your changes as frequent as you prefer....

Cheers!
thumbnail

Since I have talked to Björn Ryding (at Monator) about handing over the leadership for the Swedish translation I thought it could be nice to hand over a translation without "automatic copy" strings emoticon
thumbnail

Oh, just one more change before taking my hands off the Swedish translation. Fixed one nasty misspelled word.

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-5578
thumbnail

Hi Jonas,

I just need you to accept the contribution agreement. (Mark the issue as contributed)
thumbnail

Done!
Jimmy Drottz, modifié il y a 14 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 03/02/10 Publications récentes
Hi!

I'm working at Monator and just now made an update to the Swedish translation, see LPS-7677.

Could you apply the patch and add me to the Swedish translation team?

Cheers,
Jimmy
thumbnail

Hi Jimmy,

welcome aboard!
you are now added to the translation team and the translation is already in trunk.

Thanks a lot!
Jimmy Drottz, modifié il y a 14 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 03/02/10 Publications récentes
You're welcome emoticon ..and thank you!